Leading the daily operations of Manchester United service functions, including Catering, Events, Museum & Tour, clearly defining, assigning, and delegating responsibility and authority for the operation of the various departments.
- Driving the strategy, innovation, and new ways of working to lead and develop the wider operational delivery team
- Responsible for creating a fan centric strategy, that continuously provides world class service, through developing high performing teams.
- Promoting and embedding best practice service delivery, driving continuous improvements in all service delivery areas, and ensuring that the Club is aligned to the latest market trends across all aspects of customer experience.
- Continuously assessing and reviewing the service delivery model against emerging demands and customer expectations, and explore, evaluate, and propose solutions that address changes in need.
- Lead the effective monitoring of supplier service delivery for adherence to technical, performance and contractual specifications, and ensure that any deviations, risks, and issues are resolved in a timely manner to minimise service disruption.
- Ensuring continuity of world class service for the Club, through effective forward planning and management of known events and responses to priority incidents or issues.
- Providing strategic planning and goal setting to achieve constant improvements in guest service, product quality, financial performance and employee growth and development.
- Supporting and deputising for the Operations Director and attending appropriate meetings and compiling and issuing reports as requested.
- Ensuring the strict control of GP’s, wages, wastage, and stock control across the business and that all purchases are made within policy and budget.
- Ensuring the monitoring and evaluation of supplier performance and quality.
- Managing the development, implementation, and maintenance of quality service standards and that all catering services exceed customer expectations.
- Actively develop and maintain good working relationships with key internal customers, resolving any problems and complaints as quickly as possible.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders at all levels including Carrington Training Complex and actively build strong relationships to ensure communication is maintained and customer expectations met.
- Actively promote an excellent working environment, effectively motivating, developing, and empowering all team members.
- Maintaining effective communication channels between staff and management to promote a high performing culture and environment.
- Ensuring high standards of performance from catering management and delivery of the company objectives undertaking regular performance reviews and the annual reviews.
- Establishing and monitoring the supply of casual workers, to meet Club demands and deliver excellent service levels.
- Facilitate the induction and training for the casual workforce, enabling a high performing and engaged workforce.
- Proven track record in leading a large-scale hospitality/catering industry function.
- Excellent understanding of the requirements of leading multi discipline teams
- Proven experience of designing and implementing fan/customer centric strategies in a large operational environment
- Commercially astute, to manage and negotiate contracts with third party suppliers. With budgetary responsibility for high value 3rd party contract agreements.
- Solid experience in extensive event planning and execution.
- Strong regulatory and operational background
- Ability to perform under pressure in a large operational environment.
- Strong stakeholder management skills. Excellent communication, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Strong appetite for innovation, an individual who builds & uses external networks to challenge thinking
- A hands-on approach with the ability to effectively manage a wide range of issues.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!