Manchester United Foundation believes every young person should feel empowered to achieve their goals and uses the power of football and Manchester United to support young people to make positive choices in their lives.
This role will be responsible to ensure that all service level agreement objectives with the special school are met and surpassed through strategic planning, excellence in delivery, strong working relationships, and continuous monitoring and evaluation.
This position is based within a primary special school in Greater Manchester with the aim to support students to be, healthier, positive, connected, and skilled young people. This will be achieved by the successful candidate delivering bespoke programmes to individuals, full classes, and whole school initiatives.
- To develop and manage effective working relationships with key stakeholders within the partnership including with local community groups and organisations.
- To develop and use recognised good practice, working alongside School staff to develop their skills in leading and guiding pupils to achieve their objectives through their individualised education plans.
- To collaborate with parents and carers and adopt a multi-agency approach to ensuring the needs of children and young people are met.
- Undertake personal development as and when required by Manchester United Foundation and the club.
- Based in a school full time the individual would need to be self-driven and ensure they were providing the best opportunities for the students.
- To be responsible to safeguard the welfare of children and adults at risk.
- Previous experience working with children and young people with special educational needs.
- Proven ability of engaging with a range of stakeholders and external partners in order to achieve strategic and contractual objectives.
- Level 2 in relevant sport or equivalent experience.
- Ability to adapt and diversify delivery in programmes/sessions.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
- To want to make a positive difference to young people’s lives.
- Knowledge of implementing policies and procedures especially health and safety and risk assessments.
- Hard working, enthusiastic and reliable.
- People Skills (Self-assured, build rapport, empathise with others, emotionally intelligent, approachable.
- Understanding of Safeguarding best practice.
- Demonstration of academic achievement in secondary and/or further education.
- Strong functional skills in Mathematics and English.
- A full and clean UK driving licence (or recognised equivalent).
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to begin the online application process
Full Job description and Person Specification available here.
and come back later!