Manchester United are looking for a football-savvy, experienced, passionate and creative Discord Community Manager to spearhead the expansion of the club’s social media efforts, with particular focus on Discord.
The Discord Community Manager will be responsible for communicating the club’s plans for new digital platforms and how we can grow, educate and entertain the community across product launches, matchday moments and day-to-day activations.
This role is crucial to the club’s plans to engage with fans on Discord, as well as alternatives such as Telegram, and help them find new ways to get closer to the club they love. Candidates must understand football fans wants and needs, as well as related communities such as gaming and cutting-edge tech, and be able to report back insights that will help to inform senior stakeholders, drive future content moments, and shape new product features.
- Develop, implement and manage the community building strategy for Manchester United’s official Discord channels.
- Engage daily with community members, as well as moderators, and execute innovative activations that deepen the club’s relationship with fans.
- Coordinate with the wider business to plan and execute a robust roadmap of announcements, promotions and giveaways.
- Frequent reporting on community sentiment, milestone moments, and engagement and growth tracking against KPIs.
- Schedule, manage and promote Discord town halls, suggesting who should be involved and educating potential speakers.
- Explore Telegram, Twitter Spaces and other emerging platforms as part of Manchester United’s social offering.
- Develop relationships with fan-focused communities outside of official channels and manage a team of global moderators as the community grows.
- Track the latest developments in emergent tech, gaming, entertainment and social media, and how they can drive club social strategy.
- Inform the wider business of community platform trends and best practices.
- Brief and define asset lists for cross-channel activations.
- Proven experience working in social media, in-house or agency-based.
- Experience with community building strategy, specifically on Discord.
- Solid understanding of social media KPIs and reporting methods.
- Knowledge of new digital platforms and concepts, such as blockchain and Web3 products.
- Proactive and strong communicator with a passion for football and sports.
- Copywriting and creative design skills - including video production - a plus.
- An existing network inside sports and/or gaming, such as influencers, would be highly advantageous.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!