The role will be within the digital project team where you will be responsible for quality assurance and testing of web and mobile applications. As the principal tester, you will be delivering change and ensuring all releases meet business requirements, as well as satisfying quality and performance standards. You will need to work closely with developers and product owners, communicating clearly and being on hand to help with the resolution of issues.
You will be adaptable and willing to switch between different products as features are released and new priorities emerge. The role requires hands-on test expertise, ability to take the initiative and the experience to develop and evolve our QA and testing processes.
- Developing and implementing test plans, automation, and validation strategies.
- Reviewing and understanding business requirements, user stories and specifications/acceptance criteria; defining test conditions; creating new tests to fully test acceptance criteria and or bugs in each release.
- Documenting and executing test cases; producing test exit reports; leading the Test Readiness Review (TRR) at the end of UAT, to gather the GO/NO GO votes on whether a feature is ready to move to Production.
- Updating regression tests as changes are made to the applications.
- Validating supplier test documentation, including test scripts and automation scripts.
- Documenting and tracking defects in a defect management tool (JIRA); reporting the status of defects in a release.
- Providing support for BAU issues, working closely with our Service Helpdesk and 3rd party suppliers.
- Self-motivated and passionate about making Manchester United a leader in the online space. Very organised, with excellent presentation and personal skills.
- High energy, confident and collaborative nature with a good attention to detail and good analysis skills.
- Ambitious with a ‘can do’ attitude, willing to go that extra mile to get results and driven by commercial success.
- 5+ years of professional software quality assurance experience, including test automation, UAT, test plan authoring, and end to end testing of Web and Mobile applications
- Commercial experience of preparing test documentation including test plans, test scripts, defect reports and progress updates.
- ISEB/ISTQB certification is highly desirable.
- At least 1 year of automated test experience and the skills to build and maintain test frameworks.
- In depth experience of a bug tracking tool – JIRA, Bugzilla or similar.
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle - experience of working in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies is desirable.
- A willingness to regularly review testing processes and suggest innovative improvements.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Outstanding attention to detail, methodical and with excellent time management skills.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!