Luton Town Football Club is seeking to appoint a Foundation Phase Lead Phase Coach to work on a full-time basis, within our Academy. The successful candidate will be committed and passionate in successfully developing football players.
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for implementing the Academy coaching programme and developing players technically, tactically, physically and psycho-socially in the Foundation Phase at Luton Town FC.
- To oversee coaching sessions and match day fixtures in the Foundation Phase in tandem with the club philosophy and coaching syllabus.
- To organise Academy players’ logistics for all training sessions, fixtures, tournaments and Academy events.
- To complete all relevant information on the PMA. To monitor the PMA for all part time Foundation Phase (U9s-11s) staff.
- To complete all relevant action plans as directed by the Academy Head of Coaching with regards the coach competency framework.
- To complete all staff SMART targets on a seasonal basis which will form part of the bi-annual appraisal process.
- To lead the appraisal process for part-time Foundation Phase staff.
- Be responsible for maintenance of training/match balls, bibs, cones and all other relevant equipment as required by the Academy.
- To attend all in-service and coaching days as directed by the Academy Director and Head of Coaching.
- To be part of the Academy Management Team (AMT) and attend AMT meetings as directed by the Academy Director.
- To recommend and recruit players for the Academy with a particular focus on the initial signing U9s in tandem with the Head of Academy Recruitment.
- To recruit for and manage the Pre-Academy (U7 & U8) elite age groups and training sessions.
- To assist in the decision making process regarding the signing, or not of Academy trialists and the retention of players currently at the Club.
- Construct and deliver detailed twelve-week individual player progress reviews with parents and any other relevant coaching staff.
- Multi-disciplinary communication between staff, players and parents to ensure optimal well-being and development of all Academy players.
- Maintain honesty and integrity at all times when working with young players at the Club.
- Be presentable, smart and personable at all times when representing Luton Town Football Club.
- To undertake all reasonable tasks delegated by the Academy Director and Head of Academy Coaching.
Health & Safety
Head of Department/ Line Manager requirements:
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and ensure compliance with the Club’s Health & Safety Policy and all relevant regulations
- Consider the Health & Safety implications of all operations within your area of responsibility
- Support and uphold agreed standards for Health & Safety compliance, including assisting in accident, dangerous occurrence and near miss investigations within your area of responsibility
- Direct the adherence to, and implementation of safe management systems in line with legislation and Club policy within your area of responsibility
- Carry out induction briefings to direct reports and where applicable induct any workers/volunteers/contractors/visitors etc when entering the premises
- Carry out safety briefings to all staff regarding; urgent safety information, general safety information and any changes to Club policies or procedures
- Regularly conduct and review risk assessments, safe working, and management systems
- Lead any Health & Safety training needs and ensure that all training is completed by your direct reports
- Manage and monitor the performance of subcontractors, suppliers, and partners, etc and make appropriate Health & Safety recommendations for performance improvement
- Liaise regularly with the Club’s appointed Health & Safety representatives to support and maintain compliance
- Maintain records of all Health & Safety issues within your area of responsibility.
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- UEFA A License
- FA Advanced Youth Award (5-11s)
- Member of the FA Licensed Coaches Club
- Valid FA Safeguarding Children Certificate
- Valid EFAiF
- Hold an enhanced DBS check
- Full UK Driving License
- MIDAS minibus driving license (D1)
- UEFA Pro Licence
- Futsal Specific Coaching Qualifications
- Teaching / Coaching degree
- Proven experience of leading a team / managing a department
- Committed, enthusiastic and passionate about the development of players in the Academy.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as using one’s own initiative in developing players and coaching sessions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a variety of different personnel at the Club.
- An understanding of a range of teaching/learning styles to optimise the development of young players.
- Able to communicate effectively with players, parents and fellow staff members at all levels.
- Strong IT skills with the ability to use e-mail, Word and PMA to a high standard.
- Able to adapt to the demands of the job and needs of the players / coaches.
- Dedicated to self-improvement and continuous professional development.
- Willing to follow and promote the culture and philosophy of the Club.
- Focused on achieving Club, departmental and individual success
- Be an ambassador for the Club presenting the Club in a positive image at all times.
- This a Full-Time role
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
The Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Club has systems in place to ensure that the welfare of vulnerable groups is dealt with appropriately and sensitively. Everyone working at the Club has a duty of care to safeguard the welfare of children and young people by creating an environment that protects them from harm. Our standards of practice ensure all staff are fully aware and understand their responsibilities under safeguarding legislation and statutory guidance.
The Club ensures that all staff that have a direct responsibility for children, young people or vulnerable adults, have been subject to the most stringent of recruitment practices which include Criminal Record Checks and reference checks. These staff are alert to signs of abuse or maltreatment and will refer concerns to the relevant Designated Safeguarding Officers using the agreed safeguarding procedures.
The individual must at all times, carry out their duties with due regard to the Clubs policies and procedures and in particular the Club’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy.
The individual must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation, or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders. The individual must contribute to encouraging equality and respecting diversity by embedding such values in the workplace and challenging inappropriate behaviour and processes.
How To Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please review the Job Description and click 'Apply Now' to submit an Application Form alongside your CV to Emily Howes, Academy Administrator before 5.00pm on Friday 24th March 2023.
and come back later!