The Communications Manager will help drive the reputation, credibility and profile of London Sport, its work and its impact amongst a range of audiences including media, stakeholder groups and senior decision & policy makers across London.
Reporting directly into the Head of Marketing & Communications, you will manage the development and implementation of a multi-media communications strategy that aligns to the wider London Sport strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Developing and implementing long term communication strategies for London Sport. This includes leading communications for key organisational projects, developing key narratives, and ensuring our owned channels (website, social media and newsletters) deliver impact for our strategic aims.
- Proactively identifying and generating PR opportunities to drive media coverage, building close relationships with media (primarily London titles) across TV, print, radio and online to enhance our profile and reputation . This includes creating briefs for our CEO and other London Sport spokespeople.
- Managing comms to drive engagement in our public fundraising campaigns and attendance at our events.
- Managing junior staff in the Marketing & Communications team, and supporting their training and development as comms professionals.
- Leading projects and campaigns to drive profile and credibility for London Sport, often using creative solutions to deliver at low/no cost.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and communication teams of our partner organisations (e.g. Sport England, community sport organisations, Greater London Authority, etc.) to help promote our work and to build our reputation as a credible strategic body.
- Provide communications counsel to cross-departmental project groups, determining appropriate levels of communications support and identifying key reputation-building opportunities.
- Ensure supplier invoices and other costs are accounted for correctly within the communications budget.
Who you are:
- Ability to develop and implement multi-media communications strategies to engage audiences and drive impact.
- Good understanding and knowledge of working with media, including managing media relationships, writing media briefs, press releases and op-eds, and evaluating press coverage.
- Strong copywriting skills and the ability to influence through all forms of communication.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any given time, meeting deadlines and prioritising work.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, equality, diversity and inclusion in relation to London.
- Ability to manage teams and a passion for developing junior staff.
- Positive, proactive and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Lived experience of London.
How to Apply
Please click 'Apply Now' to begin the online application process.
and come back later!