London City Lionesses are a professional independent women's football club currently playing in the FA Women's Championship. On the back of a second place finish, the club are actively recruiting a Head Physiotherapist.
- To provide high standards of physiotherapy care in conjunction with the club values of professionalism, respect, integrity, discipline, and effort.
- Season Injury Data Management and Reporting: Identifying Injury patterns, incidence, rate. High level data collection, analysis, reporting of niggles, injuries, and illness. This includes auditing collected data.
- Ensure all injury and medical records are accurately updated on the Women’s Performance System in line with professional body and FA guidelines.
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly injury reports to the Sporting Director, the Club Board, Head Coach, Head of Performance, and other key stakeholders.
- Organise and lead with the team Doctor all medical testing and cardiac screening in conjunction with external service providers and keep up to date club and external databases
- In conjunction with the Head of Performance, report to the Head Coach Daily Player Readiness and player availability for training and matches.
- Experience establishing partnerships and negotiating services that offer a high level of delivery and value.
- Physiotherapy Budget Control and Management: Managing services using External service providers, Insurance Partners, Health Partners Europe. Ensuring budgets are controlled, administrative duties carried out with accuracy and kept up to date.
- Excellent data presentation skills and competency, google sheets, and Microsoft office and other data visualisation tools.
- Extensive experience using performance management applications, medical and performance.
- In conjunction with the team Doctor and Head of Performance lead on the assessment of new player signings.
- Deliver physical screening / movement screening throughout the season working with the performance department and team doctor
- In conjunction with the Team Doctor and Performance Team, Particularly Therapeutic Use (TUE’s), carry out required administrative duties for first team players with accuracy and Speed.
- Maintain and ensure up to date up to date medical records on all first team players ensuring UK Anti Doping (UKAD) and FA Anti Doping regulations are adhered to at all times, and any requirements from UKAD or FA Anti Doping are actioned immediately.
- Experience of using, or data application of GPS, Catapult Vector or Stats Sports to rehabilitation and return to training and competition programmes.
Experience & Qualifications required:
- A recognised Physiotherapy Qualification.
- Full registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Chartered Physiotherapist (CSP).
- Hold an up-to-date advanced emergency pitch side qualification e.g. ATMMiF.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working in female and/or male Elite Football or Elite Sport, (Club, individual or national team activity).
- Proven demonstrable record of successful rehabilitation and Injury reduction strategies.
- Proven demonstrable record of successful rehabilitation of complex knee injuries and musculoskeletal issues.
- High level of knowledge of girls’ and women’s athletic populations to meet the demands of elite football.
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to our recruitment team by clicking 'apply now'
and come back later!