To assist in the efficient operation of financial management and record keeping and to support financial reporting within the organisation.
- To co-ordinate all financial procedures, transactions and record keeping including the processing of payments and invoice requests and completing monthly bank reconciliations.
- To produce monthly financial management reports from Quickbooks to enable the effective monitoring of funds by budget holders.
- To provide information required for the preparation of funding applications, keep a record of funding agreements and assist in the preparation of financial reports to funders.
- To provide support to the Head of Finance in preparing finance reports for the Board and in the administration of the Finance Sub-Committee.
- To assist in preparations at the year-end for the annual audit and in setting annual budgets.
- To process the monthly payroll, ensuring correct payments and accurate record keeping in compliance with HMRC and the pensions regulator.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues across Living Sport to contribute to the organisation’s objectives
Skills and attributes
- A positive and proactive approach and caring outlook.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness.
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks and evolve learning and skills.
- Committed to confidentiality in dealing with financial information.
Knowledge and experience
- Good working knowledge and experience of finance software, preferably Quickbooks.
- Knowledge of employment regulations and regulations, including experience in running payroll and an awareness of HMRC and pension regulations.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and Teams, and the ability to learn new technical systems as needed.
- Experience of enhancing resources through efficient financial management.
Education, qualifications, and training
As an inclusive employer Living Sport strives not to include minimum qualifications for non-vocational roles. We understand that not everyone has the same access to education and welcome other ways of demonstrating the requirements above – either through qualifications or experience that can demonstrate your ability to meet these requirements.
- Degree level education or equivalent in accounting, finance or business, or qualified by experience.
- Good standard of written and spoken English.
- Confident in maths.
- Experience in a finance related role within the voluntary sector is desirable.
Living Sport operates a hybrid working policy. There is access to an office every day of the week, or staff can choose to work from home for some of their time. We also encourage co-location with partners, to build more effective working relationships. There is an expectation that staff travel to the Huntingdon office for weekly team meetings, quarterly staff meetings, and for other meetings as required.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to send a completed application form to Living Sport.
and come back later!