The Head of Academy is tasked with the strategic leadership and management of all aspects of the Academy programme. With outstanding communication and organisational skills, the Head of Academy will lead a large multi-disciplinary team with the aim of consistently delivering young players into Lincoln City’s first team.
- To drive and deliver the Academy's vision and mission, including adherence to all Youth Development rules to maintain its Category 3 status.
- Strategic leadership and management of all sub-departments of the Academy including coaching, sport science & medicine, education, recruitment, operations and player care.
- Continually develop and review the Academy Performance Plan (APP) in conjunction with strategy set by the wider football club.
- In conjunction with the Academy Head of Coaching, continue to develop and refine the Academies coaching and playing philosophy.
- Chair Academy Technical Board (ATB) and Academy Management (AMT) meetings to ensure key targets set by the board are being realised.
- Management of professional game stakeholders including PL, EFL, LFE and PGAAC.
- Ensure the Academies safeguarding policies are adhered to by all staff, players and parents in conjunction with the Academy DSO.
- Continually horizon scan to uncover new opportunities of where the Academy can continue to develop across all of its player development activities.
- Ensure all staff are appropriately qualified and attend CPD events to maintain licensing relevant to their roles and job descriptions.
- Preparation and tracking of the Academy budget in conjunction with the Director of Football and Academy Operations Manager.
- Liaise with Lincoln City Foundation to align community and Academy activities where appropriate.
- Carry out duties in accordance with all relevant company policies, including, but not limited to, the Health and Safety Policy, Code of Conduct Policy, Safeguarding Policy, Equality and Diversity Policy, Financial Regulation Policy and Social Media Policy.
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of all children, young people and adults at risk.
- To be vigilant and support all safety and security operations.
- Act always with utmost good faith to the Club, Foundation and the Company
- Devote full attention and ability to fulfilment of the duties required by the role.
- Other duties as reasonably requested by a member of the senior management staff.
- To work closely with partnership organisations, to maintain good relationships and collaborative working practices
- To work with colleagues throughout Lincoln City Football Club & Foundation to extend knowledge and skills in order to identify and develop best practice.
- Deal with enquiries and general day-to-day liaison with customers, colleagues and partners.
- Carry out general office duties including data recording, filing, photocopying, sending and receiving emails.
- Active participation on continuing professional development and the appraisal process.
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
- To maintain the quality-of-service provision, regularly evaluating work and seeking to make improvements.
- Present a professional image when dealing with both internal and external contacts and partners, acting in a professional manner always.
- To cover as and when required at other departments within Lincoln City Football Club & Foundation.
- To recognise commercial opportunities across all products within Lincoln City Football Club & Foundation.
- Promote the brand identity and increase Lincoln City fanbase throughout.
- To support the Lincoln City Football Club green energy saving strategy and meet all requirements including but not exclusive to recycling, waste reduction, energy efficiency; and
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and falling within the scope of the post, as requested by the Chief Executive.
The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities should be regarded as neither exclusive nor exhaustive as the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities, commensurate with the grading of the post, without changing the general character of the post.
- Director of Football
- Head of Operations (Football)
- Academy Department Leads
Scope of job
- To deliver a best-in-class Academy founded on the wider club values of honesty, respect, integrity and innovation.
- To contribute to Lincoln City FC’s strategic aim of continuously finishing higher in the EFL pyramid season on season, with a higher percentage of Academy graduates than any other EFL club.
- Knowledge and understanding of PGAAC and the Academy Audit process.
- Prior experience and knowledge of using the PMA – performance management application.
- Understanding of wider stakeholders and their impact on the Academy programme: PL, EFL, The FA.
- Experience of setting and tracking budgets.
- Experience of mentoring is considered advantageous.
- High level of both oral and written communication.
- Able to maintain accurate records over an elongated period of time.
- Able to work to strict deadlines and prioritise urgent/important work.
- Ability to appraise others within club structured format.
- D1 driving license.
GENERAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Outstanding communication skills – written and oral.
- High level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal dexterity.
- Proficient in chairing meetings with focused outcomes.
- Prior experience of writing strategic and information reports.
- Previous experience working in Academy football in an equivalent or relevant post
- Previous experience leading an organisation through audit process.
- Previous experience working as an Academy Manager or programme director.
- UEFA A License
- The FA Advanced Youth Award
- UEFA Pro License
- EAM – Elite Academy Managers Development Programme
- EMCC – mentoring and coaching L1 or equivalent.
How to Apply
Please complete an application form and return it to our team by clicking 'apply now'
and come back later!