Purpose of the Post:
The main purpose of this post is to manage all financial and management accounting on a daily basis within the business, and contribute to the wider leadership group for progressive improvements on procedures and business KPI deliverables.
The post holder will assist the Director of Finance and Chief Executive with board-level reporting and long-term business planning when required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out duties in accordance with all relevant company policies, including, but not exclusive to, the Health and Safety at Work Act, Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policy, Diversity & Equality Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy, Financial Regulations Policy, and Social Media Policy.
Cashflow and Banking Responsibilities
- Management of the cashflow on a weekly basis
- Ensure all reconciled cash takings are banked in a timely manner
- Manage and monitor all card merchant suppliers
- Processing ad hoc card transactions when required
- Daily reconciliation of the bank account within Xero
- Reconciliation of allocated shares and payments received.
- Review and filing of quarterly VAT returns.
Business KPI Reporting
- Producing monthly performance reports for all budget holders
- Facilitate and govern monthly performance meetings for all budget holders
- Month-end journals to encapsulate all actual and anticipated transactions within the correct month
- Complete and submit all EFL regulatory reports and returns on time
- Assisting and providing all requested documentation for the financial auditors within the year-end audit.
- Working with the company insurance broker to ensure all company assets are covered at the correct valuation.
- Ensure staff are correctly procuring in line with club policies and highlight any potential breaches
- Ad hoc reports and assistance to the Director of Finance and CEO when required
- Oversee the accounts receivable summary
- Manage the debtor work schedule for the Finance Assistant
- Responsible for approving/challenging purchase orders via the ApprovalMax app
- Ensure payments to suppliers and all other football related costs are paid correctly and on time
- Produce a supplier payment run report for authorisation
- Manage staff expense claims ensuring use of correct forms
- Review and highlight claims that do not fall inside of club policy
- Collate monthly payroll information from departments in line with payroll deadlines and populate monthly payroll file to be sent to Payroll Bureau
- Act as main point of contact with Payroll Bureau and department heads
- Liaise with Payroll Bureau to ensure payroll is processed effectively, checking ‘pre-update’ reports for accuracy
- Liaise with department managers to keep payroll errors/queries kept to a manageable level
- Analyse payroll reports and post monthly payroll journal effectively charging department budgets
- Management of all subsidiary payroll items (Company vehicles, pension schemes)
- Action HMRC PAYE and Class 1a payments to deadlines
- Act always with utmost good faith to the club, foundation and company
- Devote full attention and ability to fulfilment of the duties required by the role
- Other duties as reasonable requested by a member of the senior management staff
- Work closely with partner organisations to maintain good relationships and collaborative working practices
- Work with colleagues throughout the club and foundation to extend knowledge and skills in order to identify and develop best practice
- Deal with enquiries and general day-to-day liaison with customers, colleagues and partners
- Carry out general office duties including data recording, filing, photocopying, sending/receiving emails
- Active participation on continuing professional development and the appraisal process
- Undertake other duties, training, hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job
- Maintain the quality of service provision, regularly evaluating work and seeking to make improvements
- Present a professional image when dealing with both internal and external contacts and partners
- Cover as and when required at other departments within the club and foundation
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of all children, young people and adults at risk
- Support all safety and security operations
- Support the green energy saving strategy and meet all requirements including but not exclusive to recycling, waste reduction, energy efficiency
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and falling within the scope of the post, as requested by the Chief Executive
The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities should be regarded as neither exclusive nor exhaustive as the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities, commensurate with the grading of the post, without changing the general character of the post.
Lincoln City Football Club & Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment.
- Previous history of managing an accounts team/department
- Able to undertake multiple tasks and responsibilities to a high standard
- Ability to manage self and others to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to prepare and work in a forward thinking method
- To be commercially aware and network with all company stakeholders
- Ability to assimilate large quantities of information at a fast pace
- Proven track record of attaining exceptional results with a wider team
Qualifications and Training:
- Recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ACA, AAT level 4) or QBE
Specific Skills and Knowledge:
- An understanding of, and a commitment to, equal opportunity issues both in the workplace and the wider community
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Proficient in all other Microsoft Office, i.e. Word & PowerPoint, or equivalent system
- Excellent written and verbal/presentation communication skills
- Experience with Xero accounting software
- Ability to work outside normal hours, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel independently
Regular working hours:
Office hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm (40 hours per week). The candidate will be required to have a flexible approach to working hours, including match days, events, evenings, weekends and unsocial hours as part of an irregular working pattern.
Annual leave is strictly restricted within key days, including but not exclusive to, transfer window(s), pre-season recruitment periods and fiscal year end.
How to apply
To apply, please click 'Apply Now' to submit your CV and supporting covering letter, which is to be no more than two A4 pages, size 10 font clearly expressing how you:
- Meet the person specification
- How you would be able to meet the key responsibilities of the role As part of your application please also include your salary expectations and notice period should you be successful in applying for the role.
Please title (subject) your email “SENIOR FINANCE MANAGER”
and come back later!