We currently have a vacancy for a Team Doctor for Lewes FC Women. We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic individual who wishes to play a role in an active and successful club playing football in the Championship, the second tier of English football.
- Lewes FC will play up to 20 home games at the Dripping Pan, Lewes between August 2022 and May 2023. Most games are played on Sunday afternoons with occasional midweek evening games
- Doctors should be available ahead of kick-off and remain for the duration of the game (approx. 3 hours in total)
- Doctors should be available for in person consultation by players during the week throughout the season.
The Team Doctor(s) employed or contracted by the club shall:
- Be fully registered and licensed to practice medicine by the GMC;
- Have a Diploma in Sport and Exercise Medicine or an equivalent or higher professional qualification as otherwise approved by the Football Association or working towards this qualification;
- Have appropriate medical indemnity insurance to treat/advise FA WSL and WC players:
- Have an up to date Advanced Emergency Aid qualification; This should be the Level 5 ATMMiF. (If the doctor does not yet have this qualification, we are willing to consider sponsoring this qualification)
- Attend a yearly ATMMiF-R reaccreditation
- Be in attendance at all home matches throughout the season and pre-season and be contracted or employed by the club to attend a minimum of one full clinical session per week where a clinical session equates to 0.1 full-time equivalent (FTE) / half a day. The Team Doctor has responsibility for clinical governance issues such as cardiac screening, medicine management, emergency action plans etc. as well as direct clinical care together with the multidisciplinary sports science and medicine team. Clinical oversight must include all players in the First Team, Reserves and Academy where applicable, unless another doctor at the club is employed or contracted for these duties
- Must ensure adequate cover for players needing ongoing rehabilitation through the off season
- Be a UKAD Clean Sport Advisor
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to submit your CV and Cover Letter
Applications close on 1st July 2022
Interview Date 5th July 2022
and come back later!