To work with marketing and ticketing and consumer sales colleagues to conduct the Club’s events activities and to deliver exceptional customer service to the highest standards and in a cost-effective manner.
- Create and implement a Club events calendar, ensuring all events meet financial and logistics standards
- Seek out and with meet concert promoters to assess viable options
- To ensure feasibility and risk has been assessed, include the Health & Safety and Ground Manager in key deliberations with promoters
- Ensure sales for all events meet agreed targets
- Liaise with Conference and Banqueting team across all event requirements
- Set out and present project feasibility options to the Commercial Director
- Supported by the Commercial Director, negotiate the best possible deal for LCCC
- Define the project scope and determine required resources, schedule and timescales, transportation plan, milestone deadlines and communication plan
- Develop appropriate strategies on how to either avoid the risks or minimise their impact on the entire project
- Develop a draft budget for sign-off that outlines the project P&L
- Frequently review the budget plan and forecast so as to avoid any budget overruns
- Monitor and manage risks throughout the project lifecycle and take corrective measures when and where required
- Work with the operations team to assess and complete licensing documentation
- Manage the partnership with the promoters, ensuring communication is regular and issues are dealt with
The postholder will ideally have:
- Strong proven written and arithmetical skills – GCSE English and Maths Grades A to C preferred.
Training and Experience:
- Understanding of the conference and events business, ideally with a minimum of two years’ experience in the events industry.
- Experience of management of small and large projects or events.
- Ability to calculate profitability and margins on individual events.
- Strong influencing skills and previous sales and administration skills
Personal Attributes, Aptitudes and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Strong customer services experience.
- A smart and professional appearance.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Enjoy working within a fun, energetic and busy environment
- Ability to work flexible hours (outside of 9.00am to 5.00pm and during weekends on occasions)
How to Apply
If you have the necessary skills and characteristics to meet the challenge, then please click 'Apply Now' to email your CV with a covering letter to Jacqui Dean, Administration and Governance Manager.
Closing Date for applications: 5.00pm on Friday 12th August 2022.
Interviews: Asap after closing date.
Leicestershire County Cricket Club reserves the right to bring forward the closing date dependent on the number of applicants.
We may not be able to reply to unsuccessful applicants due to the volume that is received. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date your application has been unsuccessful.
Equal Opportunities in Employment Policy Statement
Leicestershire County Cricket Club will ensure that all existing and potential employees receive equal consideration, and is committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, ethnic and national origin, nationality, sexuality, marital status, responsibility for dependents, religion, trade union activity and age.
It is the intention of Leicestershire County Cricket Club that its work force, at all levels, should reflect the composition of the city’s population. To achieve this Leicestershire County Cricket Club will take active and positive steps to eliminate discrimination and to promote equality in employment.
and come back later!