To lead on the communications of the club’s activities that are directly involved with the senior men’s and academy programmes and produce engaging content using the players, coaches and senior staff to ensure that the media, supporters and general public are kept informed about these activities in a full range of media formats, including print, video and digital.
To work with the Head of Content, Communications & PR on the club wide communications plan, to organise press requests and press days for player and senior staff alongside managing player appearances and advising staff and players who will be taking interviews.
- Administer, and co-ordinate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content, and create a publishing schedule involving all areas of the senior men’s and academy programmes activity, including all training and playing activities
- To ensure the communications team are seen as an integral part of the rugby programme, embedding media commitments within the programme schedule
- Build exceptional relationships with all key stakeholders at Oval Park, Mattioli Woods Welford Road and the board.
- To advise the Head of Content, Communications & PR, Board of Directors and senior staff on communications and effectively manage issues as they arise.
- To advise and train players and staff on their appearances in the media and their use of social media
- Develop links with key social influencers, both inside and outside the club, and media particularly utilising the profile of the players to produce greater engagement and quality content.
- To manage all media requests for players and senior staff and to organise player appearances with assistance from the Team Manager.
- To produce and manage an ongoing plan with the Head of Content, Communications & PR for Leicester Tigers content and digital media activity and digital to drive KPI’s in the following areas; Great Content, Audience Growth, Audience Engagement, Content Reach, Lead Generation and Sales Conversions.
- Monitor trends in press, social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy to ensure Leicester Tigers have the most effective output for our efforts.
- To carry out any other duties and tasks required by management, which are within the post-holder’s capabilities
- To uphold and be an evangelist for the Club’s values of Club First, Tough, Passionate and Driven and assist in Tigers vision to make Leicester Tigers the best club environment in the world.
Qualifications and Training:
- Degree/master’s degree in communications, media, or related field and/or equivalent experience of working within this field e.g., experience in a communications department within a high performance sport organisation (E)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent knowledge of media planning, understanding of creative process, regional industry insight and understanding (E)
- Proven inter-personal and communication skills with internal and external stakeholders (E)
- Proactive and comfortable taking the initiative, with a track record of seeking out opportunities to build profile (D)
- Creative, yet practical, with the ability to turn good ideas into action and deliver against agreed objectives (E)
- Able to work flexibly and adapt plans quickly to changing circumstances as fast-moving projects evolve (E)
- Experience of developing, implementing, advising on and evaluating communications strategies and plans to communicate technical and complicated information effectively to achieve agreed objectives (D)
- Experience in managing and co-ordinating content development and publishing, as well as being able to create content directly (E)
- Ability to work on both the creative and analytical side of communications and to demonstrate analytically sound plans (E)
- Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and reputation management) (E)
- Ability to identify potential threats and opportunity and communicate and resolve them effectively (E)
- A track record of contributing to the development and delivery of successful communications campaigns and stakeholder relations plans that engage audiences, deliver impact and that have run on time and on budget (E)
- Access to transport and a willingness to travel and undertake some work out of hours (E).
How to Apply
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to return a completed application form to our team.
and come back later!