To be responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of rugby development, competition and educational elements of the Leicester Tigers ACE programme.
Salary: Circa £30,000
Hours: 40 per week, including some weekends
Reporting to: Academy Manager
Closing date: Friday, March 31, 2023 at 5pm
- To be head coach of the ACE rugby programme at Brooksby College.
- To manage the support team of coaches and staff and work closely with the SMB Group Rugby Operations Manager to ensure high quality delivery across all Brooksby College Rugby programmes.
- To Lead the delivery and completion of the Diploma in Sporting Excellence (DiSE) qualification for selected players at Brooksby College.
- To work with the Head of Sport (academic) to coordinate assessed elements of the BTEC delivery.
- To promote the Brooksby College programmes and recruit the highest potential players for the ACE programme.
- To attend England Rugby / ACE and industry related conferences and CPD as directed by the Academy Manager.
- To be a key member of staff on Junior Academy Programmes.
- To assist the Academy coaches and players as required.
- To carry out any other duties and tasks required by senior management, which are within the post-holder’s capabilities.
Qualifications and Experience: (Essential / Desirable)
- Level 3 RFU coaching qualification – working towards level 4 RFU. (D)
- Degree in Sports science or related subject. (D)
- Qualified teacher and / or assessor. (D)
- Experience of coaching aspiring elite rugby players. (E)
- Experience of and qualifications in coach education and mentoring. (D)
- Experience of 1:1 mentoring and planning individual development of players. (E)
- Experience of designing and leading development programmes. (E)
- Experience of playing and / or coaching in a high performance environment. (D)
- Hard working, self-motivated with the ability to work well under pressure. (E)
- The flexibility and energy to work long unsocial hours, including evenings and weekends. (E)
- Excellent administration, organisation, delegation and time management skills. (E)
- An engaging presenter with good written and verbal communication skills. (E)
- Ability to motivate, influence and support individuals and organisations. (E)
- Has initiative and an ability to manage a challenging and varied workload. (E)
- Possession of a valid UK driving licence with access to own vehicle. (E)
- Ability to attain a valid & clear enhanced RFU DBS Clearance, with an awareness of player welfare and child protection issues. (E)
- Must currently have the right to work in the UK. (E)
Equality & Diversity
Leicester Tigers strives to create a diverse and inclusive environment where people feel entrusted to challenge, inspire and succeed.
How to apply:
If you feel you have the qualities and experience we are looking for, please download and complete our application form.
Once complete, please click 'Apply Now' to return with your CV by email to our recruitment team.
All applications should be submitted no later than Friday, March 31, 2023 at 5pm. Interviews will take place during the week commencing April 10, 2023.
and come back later!