Purpose of the Role:
To assist in the delivery of high-quality sport activities including the planning of sessions and supporting student, staff and recruitment events, initiatives, including the recruitment and support of student activators. The role is intended for graduates wishing to gain experience within HE Sport. A planned and supervised experience is offered where you will apply graduate knowledge and experience to enable more students and staff to be active more often.
Sport Development Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support with the planning and delivery of sport development activities and events designed to increase participation in physical and recreational activities amongst staff and students.
- To promote sport and physical activity to staff and students through social media and other marketing tools, promoting and collaborating where possible on various health initiatives.
- To oversee the collection of data from sport development activities and events for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- To be a key point of contact for student sport activators who support the delivery of physical activity and sport on campus.
- To assist in the delivery of sport, activity, and health related initiatives across the University with an emphasis on health and wellbeing.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of sport and physical activity by contributing to team meetings, providing creative ideas, and adopting a solution focused approach to work.
- Be supported to develop and evaluate a live project to increase levels of participation of staff and students.
- To support with the organising and coordinating of sports coaching and volunteering opportunities for students within the School of Sport & Wellbeing.
- To support sport-related outreach and recruitment activity for the School of Sport & Wellbeing.
- To ensure the use of data complies with current regulations, particularly those relating to GDPR.
- To comply with all health, safety and wellbeing policies and procedures at all times and to take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare and protection of others.
- To apply the University’s Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Policy in the postholders’ area of responsibility and in their general conduct.
- To carry out other duties, commensurate with the grade of the post, as may reasonably be directed by your line manager after due consultation.
This job description is current on the date indicated below. It is liable to variation by the Vice- Chancellor in order to reflect or anticipate University developments and changes in the post.
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to begin the online application process.
Full Job description and Person Specification available here.
and come back later!