About the role
The LTA’s participation team are on a mission to grow tennis by making it relevant, accessible, welcoming, and enjoyable.
This role is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding sport development professional to play a part in helping the LTA achieve its vision of ‘tennis opened up’, and through our work to make tennis relevant, accessible, welcoming and enjoyable, help us to ensure it is a sport that can be played by anyone, no matter their age, gender, background or ability.
The Participation Development Partner will be critical in delivering the participation strategy across the tennis landscape at a regional and county level; leading the deployment and delivery of strategies and plans to the grass roots of the sport across the club, county and volunteer network, park and community tennis venues and education venues. This role requires expert planning, communication, and collaboration with the need to engage and influence multiple partners to ultimately drive adult and junior participation growth in line with the LTA vision of Tennis Opened Up to all
- Facilitate the deployment of strategy and plans at a regional and county level, working across the delivery channels; clubs, parks and community tennis and education venues, with a focus on driving participation growth and enabling a joined up approach across all venues and partners.
- Work with the Participation Development Manager with expert planning & collaboration to identify, engage with and influence the networks of clubs, park and community venues and education facilities which provide the best opportunity to influence the delivery of the participation strategies and plans.
- Put in place systems and processes that enable clubs, park and community venues and education facilities to work in a joined up and mutually beneficial way to grow tennis in a way that is truly inclusive and, therefore, makes the sport relevant to all
- Deliver support to the club network in order to grow membership, increase participation and become more financially sustainable, through agreed strategies and plans and working with the wider community.
- Working with the Participation Development Manager, lead on the day to day management and engagement with identified Local Authority partners to activate tennis participation across the region, with a focus on park and community venues.
- Work with the Participation Development Manager to deploy of central strategies and plans to grow sustainable opportunities for people to access tennis in harder to reach communities, working with identified partners and ensuring a sustainable approach to participation growth and social outcomes for participants.
- Work with the Volunteering Manager to implement centrally led volunteer recruitment, engagement and reward and recognition plans created to enhance the volunteer experience and change the shape of the volunteer landscape.
- Work with the Disability Development, Competitions and Workforce Partners to ensure plans are developed and implemented across the club, park and community and education network as part of an integrated plan to grow participation opportunities for all.
- Work with the Regional Safeguarding Officers to deliver agreed strategies and plans to support venues and the wider tennis workforce in meeting best practice standards to ultimately make the sport safer for children and vulnerable adults.
- Work with the Participation Development Manager to help identify strategic indoor facility investments across the network of venues and LA’s in the region.
- Where relevant and agreed work with the National CITC Manager to support the delivery of strategic initiatives aimed at increasing the sustainability and participation growth of Community Indoor Tennis Centres.
- Where relevant and agreed, provide support to the regional and county performance teams, helping to join up work programmes with the regional participation teams and county associations.
- Work with the Operations Team to engage and deploy the right partners within a network to successfully operationalise each new facility investment.
- Working with the Participation Development Manager and Central Participation teams and to put in place regional monitoring and evaluation tools to capture the impact of regional plans in each network and venue.
Download full job description and person specification
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the application. You will require a CV for this application.
Applications close on 28th August 2022
and come back later!