About the role
The Junior Pathway Physical Preparation Coach will play a significant role in ensuring junior players experience high quality physical preparation between the ages of 11 – 18. As part of a decentralised programme of support, this role balances direct physical preparation delivery with a significant advisory and case management responsibility and the successful candidate will have a proven ability to effect change both through direct delivery and via engaging, educating and influencing others involved in the physical development of British junior tennis players.
The LTA, through its vision “Tennis Opened up”, is committed to creating a diverse environment where all colleagues feel included and a strong sense of belonging. We are proud to actively invite applications from all candidates who meet the essential criteria and are able to work in the UK, and we commit that everyone will receive equal consideration for employment irrespective of your disability, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, or age.
Strategy and leadership
- In conjunction with the Lead Physical Preparation Coach, develop and implement a strategy to ensure the optimal physical development of young British tennis players within decentralised programmes.
- Assist in coordinating performance services through the National Performance Pathway (NPP), assuring effective interdisciplinary working at camps, competitions, and selections.
- Support National Academy and NAGP 16U case manager to quality assure the performance support delivery to these player groups
- Support the annual review of Regional Player Development Centre (RPDC) performance support delivery
- Act as main point of contact for the LTAs research partnership with Podium Analytics in the areas of exposure, growth and maturation
- Contribute to the implementation of world-class physical assessment and monitoring techniques and policies to guide selection, decision-making, individual development planning and track progress through the pathway
- Oversee the delivery of CPD and connection opportunities for a network of Tennis S&C practitioners working within the British tennis junior pathways
- Develop and deliver coach and parent education content related to the physical development of junior tennis players
- Develop and where appropriate deliver Tennis specific group athlete development sessions as part of selected LTA Delivered camps and trips for players between the ages of 11-18
- Develop and where appropriate deliver tennis specific and individualised long term athlete development and injury rehabilitation programmes to identified junior players on the NAGP 16U pathway
- Where required and appropriate provide cover coaching support to other players on the performance pathway
- Where needed, work alongside other physical preparation coaches in the network to accelerate their capability in developing and delivering high quality junior tennis physical preparation programmes
This job specification is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in light of the changing needs of the organisation.
Previous Experience of:
- MSc in S+C or a related field with UKSCA accreditation (or equivalent)
- Proven track record of effective coaching within junior performance sport
- Experience in the design, implementation and monitoring of Programmes for junior and senior athletesDeep knowledge of the concepts and issues linked to growth and maturation in developing athletes
- Experience working in close collaboration with a variety of stakeholders and a number of Teams or Individual athletes concurrently
- Experience of operating in an interdisciplinary team, with sustained experience of working with physiotherapy, medical, physiological and nutrition disciplines
- Satisfactory Barred DBS check
- Experience of tennis / racket based sports (desirable, not essential)
What we can offer you
We are proud of the range of benefits we can provide:
- Retail discounts from brands including Adidas, Dunlop, Crew Clothing, AMC & many more
- 25 days of annual leave
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental leave
- Free use of our Gym, Tennis & Padel courts and access to various sporting clubs upon joining
- Priority access to our colleague ticket offers for all LTA Major Events, including Wimbledon
- Eligible to participate in the LTA Annual Bonus Scheme, subject to meeting the set criteria in force at the time (depending on your role)
- You will be eligible to receive life assurance cover up to the value of three times your basic annual salary (more depending on your role)
- Private Healthcare cover
- An Employee Assistance Programme that offers anonymous and confidential, emotional, and practical support 24/7 for you and your immediate family
- Pension (up to 10% contribution from employer)
- Cycle-to-Work scheme, eye care vouchers and season ticket loans
- Free parking & bike racks at the National Tennis Centre, plus electric vehicle charging points
- Staff lockers and discount on all food purchased at our Deuce Café
- Social activities all year round which encourage you to get to know your fellow colleagues
The LTA, through its vision “Tennis Opened up”, is committed to creating a diverse environment where all colleagues feel included and a strong sense of belonging. We are proud to actively invite applications from all candidates who meet the essential criteria and can work in the UK. We commit that everyone will receive equal consideration for employment irrespective of your ethnicity, religion, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, age, any disability, marital or civil partnership status, and pregnancy or maternity status.
The LTA Tennis Foundation is a new tennis charity that partners with brilliant people and organisations to improve lives through tennis. It shares the LTA’s vision of ‘Tennis Opened Up’, and it wants to use our sport to make a real difference to people across the whole country. All LTA colleagues have the chance to get involved with the LTA TF, with some directly involved in delivering and leading its work.
To truly deliver our vision of “Tennis Opened up”, we believe it is critical that the LTA plays our part in contributing to a healthier and more sustainable society. We want to grow tennis in Britain, but do so in a responsible way, protecting and supporting the environment and working with everyone in the sport to tackle our climate impacts. We are committed to ensuring a lasting future for tennis in Britain, and our Environmental Sustainability Plan sets out how we will do this.
How to Apply
Please click 'Apply Now' to begin the application process.
and come back later!