The role is critical to the delivery of the LTA’s facility investment strategy, which aims to partner with tennis venues and organisations looking to enhance their tennis facilities; with a particular emphasis on indoor tennis courts and floodlights to enable year-round play.
Working with the Senior Investment Manager, this post will lead on the delivery of Quick Access Loan funding applications. Managing projects from concept through to construction, ensuring they deliver against the LTA and LTA Tennis Foundation’s (LTA TF) mission and objectives – Tennis Opened Up.
The role will require the post holder to assess and enhance business plans and project cashflows submitted by applicants to ensure the ongoing sustainability and viability of venues and the ability to repay any LTA loan, whilst ensuring the appropriate technical information is provided.
The Investment Manager will be responsible for making funding recommendations at all stages of LTA Investment governance structure - Property Steering Group, the Facility Investment Panel and LTA TF.
To oversee the delivery of circa 25 capital projects a year, taking the projects from concept through to completion. The LTA TF investment level is capped at £250k with project values ranging from £250k - £1m+.
This will be achieved by:
- Managing the pipeline of capital projects in consultation with LTA participation team.
- Proactively approaching venues to work up and develop funding applications with a focus on indoor tennis.
- Assessing the financial viability of projects to protect LTA loan investment; and ensuring projects recommended for funding have challenging but achievable participation growth targets to engage more people in tennis.
- Assessing ability for LTA to be able to loan based on legal structure presented by the applicant.
- Working with applicants with strong project concepts to support and influence them to deliver more opportunities for the community to engage in tennis.
- Presenting projects to LTA Project Steering Group, Facility Investment Panel and LTA TF. Making the case for the approval or the rejection of projects, clearly communicating decisions to applicants.
- Processing QALs within prescribed time frame.
- Reporting to the Facility Investment Panel against annual targets.
- Monthly investment reporting to the Facility Investment Panel, preparing the facility investment report and identifying agenda items.
- Working with the finance team to develop short, medium and long term cashflow projections.
- Responsibility for agreeing all relevant terms and conditions with applicants of approved PSG and FIP approved projects and working with the Facility Project Coordinator to develop the subsequent letter of award.
- Maintaining a project database, ensuring up to date and accurate records are kept for all projects.
Full Job Description
and come back later!