About the LTA
The LTA is the National Governing Body of tennis for Great Britain. We are here to govern and grow tennis, from grassroots participation through to the professional game. Our vision for the sport is Tennis Opened Up. We’re working towards a future where tennis is truly a sport for all. All ages, all backgrounds, all levels of fitness. Anyone can pick up a racket and everyone can be a part of the tennis family. Our mission is to grow tennis by making it relevant, accessible, welcoming, and enjoyable.
We play an important part in ensuring the popularity and future of our sport. We’re here because we’re passionate about tennis; and we want to spread that passion across the nation.
About the role
The Marketing and Commercial Team exists to broaden the relevance and increase the visibility of tennis all year round, to grow participation and fan engagement. It seeks to do this by:
- Developing and executing a new fit for purpose brand for tennis.
- Building content and communications that increase levels of fan engagement, drive new participation, and win back lapsed players.
- Delivering a brand partner strategy to develop and maximise our assets.
The Brand Marketing Manager reports to Marketing and Commercial Director. It is a senior role within the Brand Marketing team, working alongside Content Manager, and Social Media Manager. We are building a world-class Marketing and Commercial Team that will deliver work enviable of any sport’s governing body. With an eye for detail and strong creative flair, the post holder will need to be confident with imagining, planning, delivering, and measuring creative brand building strategies that deliver against challenging targets.
This role will require experience in:
Brand development; including campaign and athlete access planning; line management; budget management; stakeholder management; working with commercial partners.
- Campaign planning and delivery of direct response and brand awareness marketing campaigns. Responsible for our brand concept map (campaign priorities) to drive increased visibility of tennis and change attitudes towards our sport in the UK.
- Be the lead in the team for creative idea generation to support key campaigns, pitch creative ideas to strategic brand partners, manage relationship with our creative agency and associated budget.
- Responsible for development and execution of LTA Athlete Access Plan for Marketing and Commercial Team.
- Work into Marketing and Commercial Director to maintain our brand marketing calendar for the year, ensuring that all our activity is designed to deliver excellent audience experience, and contribute to brand awareness and the growth of tennis in Britain.
- Provide direct management for the assistant brand marketing manager to execute against key elements of our brand marketing plan, including:
o Campaign moments and Major Events.
o Athlete integration
o Indirect workforce engagement
o Strategic objectives to increase participation across a range of audiences.
o Delivery of brand marketing strategies to attract more fans into our marketable universe.
- Provide strong commercial leadership to ensure the best possible outcomes for our commercial partnerships, as part of this, provide a senior point of contact with partner marketing teams and managers, and ensure that a matrixed team of supporting staff are provided with clear strategy and direction for the on-boarding and activation of sponsors.
- Support commercial team with provision of marketing excellence to assist sales process.
- Lead the in-house studio, ensuing this valuable resource is supported and that an end-to-end view of marketing strategy and asset production is implemented.
- Act as the main guardian for our brand across all owned and partner channels, to ensure consistency and increase brand awareness
Previous Experience of
- Proven experience managing a client-side marketing team delivering multi-channel campaigns.
- Experience of planning campaigns form the ground up, working with insight to develop sophisticated audience strategies that meet targets within sensitive budgets and leading a team to deliver effectively.
- Solid expertise in developing direct marketing strategy to increase conversion metrics for commercial success. Marketing experience in a membership organisation would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and rolling out brand strategy, to ensure the creative application of brand identity across a range of products and services to the highest standards.
- Demonstrating an eye for creative excellence and a track record of delivering creative solutions to varied briefs.
- Excellent stakeholder management experience with a track record in gaining buy-in at senior levels, especially in a commercial partnership setting.
- Media buying and experience and confidence in managing multiple agencies.
- Confident in setting and reporting against metrics, with the ability to interpret data to ensure continual learning and improvement.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to influence to higher levels within the organisation.
- Previous experience of leading a studio/ overseeing or contributing to creative direction for a brand.
- Financial literacy, with the ability to manage a forecast and P&L budget line.
Knowledge, Training & Qualifications:
- Formal qualification in marketing or equivalent experience.
- Fully proficient in digital marketing.
What we can offer you
We are proud of the range of benefits we can provide:
- Retail discounts from brands including Adidas, Dunlop, Crew Clothing, AMC & many more
- 25 days of annual leave
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental leave
- Free use of our Gym, Tennis & Padel courts and access to various sporting clubs upon joining
- Priority access to our colleague ticket offers for all LTA Major Events, including Wimbledon
- Eligible to participate in the LTA Annual Bonus Scheme, subject to meeting the set criteria in force at the time (depending on your role)
- You will be eligible to receive life assurance cover up to the value of three times your basic annual salary (more depending on your role)
- Private Healthcare cover
- An Employee Assistance Programme that offers anonymous and confidential, emotional, and practical support 24/7 for you and your immediate family
- Pension (up to 10% contribution from employer)
- Cycle-to-Work scheme, eye care vouchers and season ticket loans
- Free parking & bike racks at the National Tennis Centre, plus electric vehicle charging points
- Staff lockers and discount on all food purchased at our Deuce Café
- Social activities all year round which encourage you to get to know your fellow colleagues
The LTA, through its vision “Tennis Opened up”, is committed to creating a diverse environment where all colleagues feel included and a strong sense of belonging. We are proud to actively invite applications from all candidates who meet the essential criteria and can work in the UK. We commit that everyone will receive equal consideration for employment irrespective of your ethnicity, religion, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, age, any disability, marital or civil partnership status, and pregnancy or maternity status.
The LTA Tennis Foundation is a new tennis charity that partners with brilliant people and organisations to improve lives through tennis. It shares the LTA’s vision of ‘Tennis Opened Up’, and it wants to use our sport to make a real difference to people across the whole country. All LTA colleagues have the chance to get involved with the LTA TF, with some directly involved in delivering and leading its work.
To truly deliver our vision of “Tennis Opened up”, we believe it is critical that the LTA plays our part in contributing to a healthier and more sustainable society. We want to grow tennis in Britain, but do so in a responsible way, protecting and supporting the environment and working with everyone in the sport to tackle our climate impacts. We are committed to ensuring a lasting future for tennis in Britain, and our Environmental Sustainability Plan sets out how we will do this.
Find out more here
- Life at the LTA
How to Apply
Please click 'Apply Now' to begin the application process.
and come back later!