About the role
The People Team ensure we have the right people, in the right roles, with the right skills to deliver the LTA’s vision of ‘Tennis opened up’. The LTA’s mission is to grow tennis by making it relevant, accessible, welcoming and enjoyable.
As a team, we provide leadership, expert advice and support to the organisation throughout the employment lifecycle, enabling colleagues to perform in their roles. It’s a fast paced and diverse environment so agility, flexibility and the ability to work well under pressure to get the job done are critical to success.
The HR Manager will play a key role advising and coaching managers on employee relations matters and supporting colleagues. They will provide effective support to line managers and empower them to take ownership of their people, performance, development, and wellbeing.
They will also provide cover and deputise for the People Director, and take on ad-hoc HR projects, supported by the People Director.
- Responsible for all employee relations matters. Providing employment law advice, interventions and solutions, ensuring fairness and consistency. Advising and coaching Managers on:
- role and team structure changes (inc. consultation processes)
- investigation & disciplinary processes
- grievances & mediation
- performance management (inc. probation period extension)
- sickness absence and return to work guidance (inc. phased returns & reasonable adjustments)
- TUPE transfers
- settlement agreements
- health & safety
- exit interviews
- Supporting colleagues and line managers through the family friendly policies - maternity leave, shared parental leave, flexible working requests.
- Supervise on the annual workforce planning process to help Directors look at strategic priorities and resourcing requirements including Talent Maps and Succession Plans.
- Supporting colleagues with any personal needs by forming plans and agreeing reasonable adjustments to enable them to flourish at work.
- Conduct exit interviews and collate themes from feedback to enable the business to continue to grow.
ROADMAP Performance Management Process
- Manage the ROADMAP performance management process by providing clear communication to line managers on the objective setting, end of year review and bonus moderation processes ensuring fairness and consistency across directorates.
- Training new managers on how to be a good line manager. Modules include objective setting, Personal Development Plans, Training Plans, holding effective one to ones, nipping poor performance in the bud, recognition, end of year reviews and moderation processes.
- Responsible for the management of all HR policy reviews and the keeping the Policy Tracker up to date. Review and update all policies to ensure they reflect legislative changes and are easy to understand.
- Write new policies, when required, to provide consistency and transparency for colleagues and managers, helping to create a positive organisational culture.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
Click here for the full Job Description.
and come back later!