About the Role
The LTA’s vision is “Tennis Opened Up” and its mission is to make tennis Relevant, Accessible, Welcoming and Enjoyable for all.
The Marketing & Commercial Team exists to help change perceptions of tennis, to broaden the relevance and increase visibility all year round, growing participation and fan engagement. The Brand Marketing team seeks to do this by:
- Developing and proliferating our brand for tennis Play Your Way.
- Creating first class content and communications that increase levels of fan engagement, drive participation and win back lapsed players.
- Working alongside our commercial team to delivering a brand partner strategy to develop and maximise our assets.
We play an important part in ensuring the popularity and future of our sport. We’re here because we believe in the power of tennis in helping to shape and change lives.
The Brand Design Manager will take responsibility for two key areas within the function of the Marketing Team:
- The management and delivery of the large volume of creative/marketing assets required by the business.
- Ownership and management of distinct marketing projects or initiatives that are delivered for key LTA business units such as participation, high performance, and competitions.
The Brand Design Manager is the main contact point for all creative and brand marketing requests from across the business and is responsible for managing the studio, and creative workflow to deliver on them.
Brand Marketing Delivery & Design Studio Management
- Responsible for all visual output delivered across the business.
- The co-guardian of the visual identity for the LTA and brand tennis.
- Helping to lead the evolution of brand tennis – Play Your Way.
- Partners with Brand Marketing Manager and Content Manager to provide an expert design view on all campaign materials and content output.
- Leads the creation of product identities (logos) and visual guidelines, including Major Events look & feel.
- Manages the workflow of the studio, including line management of two artworkers. Studio work includes assets and materials for coaches & venues.
- Holds relationships with relevant individuals at the LTA’s creative agency and other supporting artwork agencies/freelancers.
- To support the marketing team wider business projects initiatives where there is a requirement for creative output (including digital, print etc.).
- To project manage and plan specific projects through the creative process. This involves planning, preparing briefs, scheduling, and tracking project timelines, milestones and deliverables, ensuring they are on strategy, on time and on budget.
- To ensure we respond to a project brief with a 360-degree response with recommendations across all our channels, where appropriate – integrated across brand marketing.
- To build positive client relationships from across business teams through transparent liaison between clients and the design team, providing core support, acting as the central communication contact, and delivering a high-quality marketing service.
- To respond to all requests and queries from across the business, both at NTC and the regions, regarding brand assets, imagery, and other general brand communication issues.
- To provide support to each team to ensure that all requests follow the prescribed process and are submitted with a completed brief and cost estimate for design and print/production.
- Responsible for holding daily project status meetings and managing the daily schedule for the design team.
- Effective, timely and accurate management of own budget lines staying in regular communication with the Head of Brand Marketing.
- Skillset to help upskill the studio team and push brand design and the studio operation to best in class.
Download full job description and person specification
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the online application.
Applications close on 1st October 2023
and come back later!