We are currently seeking an experienced Groundsperson with high quality standards to ensure our facilities and grounds remain at the highest standards, in line with legislative and environmental compliance and best practice. This role involves maintaining the aesthetically pleasing appearance of the external facilities with trees, shrubs, flowers and grass, and ensuring that the pitch remains in top condition for play.
The successful applicant will need to have a successful track record of grounds management service delivery, be proficient with operating groundskeeping equipment and will need to be physically fit and strong to meet the demands of this position.
- To deliver high quality grounds maintenance services at all sites to the highest standard, in line with policies, legislative, environmental and certifying authorities’ compliance and best practice.
- To monitor the results of the grounds maintenance service and suggest and deliver improvements.
- Maintain equipment and materials, and ensure the aesthetically pleasing appearance of trees, shrubs,
flowers and grass at all times, and keep the grounds free from harmful insects and plant diseases.
- Meet required maintenance standards for our grounds at all times.
- Provide a swift response & solution to customer enquiries received by telephone and in-person.
- Maintaining the condition and appearance of lawns, grounds and pitches
- Laying out and marking playing surfaces
- Mowing, watering, and fertilizing grass
- Maintenance of grounds shrubs, plants and trees
- Keeping grounds free from snow and ice
- Litter picking of site
- Keeping facilities and surrounding areas free from trash, litter, debris and weeds
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment and materials
- Following applicable safety guidelines and procedures
- Drag mat and brush at required intervals all weather pitches
- Set up and mark out pitches for matchdays
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet Lancashire FA’s changing priorities
- Risk-assess all Lancashire FA events and activity for under-18S or where U18s may be in attendance
- Ensure, where appropriate, all service level agreements reference safeguarding
- Liaise with the Safeguarding Department when planning or hosting events involving U18s or known
adults at risk
- Ensure all U18 visitors are given details of to whom they should report safeguarding concerns
- Contribute to ensuring that safeguarding and equality are embedded throughout the Association and
Please click here for a full job description
How to Apply
Please click 'apply now' to begin the application process.
and come back later!