Thunder are hosted by Lancashire Cricket, and represent the North West as the Professional Women’s cricket team playing in both the Rachel Heyhoe-Flint Trophy and Charlotte Edwards Cup competitions.
Thunder Cricket are seeking applications for a Regional Talent Manager to connect County Age Group coaches, players, and programmes to the Women’s Regional Structure within the North West Region ensuring there is a clear alignment between County, Regional and England Women’s Cricket Pathway programmes.
This role will suit those with an interest in creating and supporting positive learning environments and with the expertise in coaching young players with high potential to ensure that they can thrive. The ability to influence, communicate effectively, work independently and as part of a team and having a passion for continuous learning are priorities for the role.
- Influencing and supporting Counties to develop players through programmes that are align to the ECB Talent Development Framework to provide a joined up, game wide approach to talent development
- Supporting Counties in the region to ensure the effective management of talented players
- Supporting the SRTM as an assistant coach on the Regional Academy programme
- Understanding, and being able to communicate, the talent identification and recruitment strategy for the Region which aims to ensure programmes are accessible, broadens the player pool and drives diversity and inclusion
- Supporting Counties with the development of individualised player development plans (IDPs)
- Working with the SRTM and Counties to ensure that match play and competition opportunities support talent development effectively for the Region
- Taking on a scouting role as part of the Thunder talent identification & recruitment strategy
- Qualified to at least ECB Level 2 (Foundation II), with the ability to achieve ECB Level 3 (Advanced) within 12 months of appointment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Interest in the areas of talent development and talent identification
- Experience of developing IDPs
- An appetite for continuous learning and development
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm
- The ability to use initiative working as part of a team or independently as required
- Innovative and creative
- Excellent IT skills with competent ability using Microsoft Office programmes
- Full UK Driving Licence and ability to travel independently to various venues across the region
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and Safeguarding Children certification – a DBS disclosure is an impartial and confidential document that details an individual’s criminal record and where appropriate gives details of those who are barred from working with children
What you can expect
- Holiday allowance increasing with service
- 2 x standard Lancashire Cricket season memberships
- Social events throughout the year
- Fitness classes, table tennis club and yoga
- Basic contributory pension scheme with option to join enhanced pension scheme, including life assurance, after 3 months service
- Health cash plan scheme
- Health & Wellbeing programme
- Discounts at the Lancashire Cricket Official Store, Trafford Cricket Centre, Hilton Garden Inn Emirates Old Trafford, Caffè Nero and with the Club’s partners
- Free parking
- Opportunity for hybrid working (by agreement)
Term – 31st January 2025
How to Apply
If you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to send your CV and a covering letter with current salary details.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 30th June
Interviews will take place w/c 11th July
Any questions regarding the role please email [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you if you have skills that support our future vision. Lancashire Cricket is an equal opportunities organisation, and we are committed to providing new opportunities and striving for greater diversity. It is a priority for Lancashire Cricket to ensure our Club appropriately reflects the wider communities across the North West and as we strive to meet Sport England Guidance in this regard, we would welcome applications from individuals with the appropriate skills and experience that can also enhance our current diversity mix at the Club.
and come back later!