Lacrosse Scotland is the National Governing Body of lacrosse in Scotland. Lacrosse is a relatively small sport in terms of player and club base, yet amongst those who play and follow the sport, passion and commitment is extremely high. In 2021, the International Olympic Committee gave full recognition status for lacrosse, which means that lacrosse might be played at the Los Angeles Games in 2028.
A new position in our organisation, reporting to the Chair of the Board, the HR Director will be responsible for the development, engagement and welfare of our volunteer workforce.
- Together with the other Directors deliver the Lacrosse Scotland Strategic Plan 2020-2024
- Own the recruitment process, ensuring clarity of Job Description and an appropriate recruitment process based on skills and level
- Develop a robust joiners / leavers process
- Devising strategies for performance evaluation, staffing, training and development, and skills assessment
- Own the safeguarding process and uphold standards
- Responsible for identifying needs of the volunteer workforce and, together with subject matter experts, deliver suitable CPD
- Be the point of contact for volunteer relations
- Monitor adherence to internal policies and legal standards
- Deal with grievances and viola1ons invoking disciplinary action when required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Team player with leadership ability
- Ability to implement alternative solutions to satisfy different needs and development levels
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing volunteers
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to email a cover letter and CV to the Chair of Lacrosse Scotland before 14th February 2023. Successful applicants will be invited to an interview.
and come back later!