We are looking to recruit a passionate and dedicated individual into the newly created position of Kent Women’s and Girls’ Pathway Lead. This person will have responsibility for the successful delivery of the Girls’ Talent Pathway along with managing the Kent Women’s squad. You will work closely with the Women’s and Girls’ Community Manager to ensure that there is effective transition of girls from the club environment into the Talent Pathway.
You will demonstrate commitment to Kent Cricket’s vision and purpose and ensure compliance with the governing protocols, company law and any other legislation or regulations.
All applicants should have excellent communication, organisational and attention to detail skills, in addition to a growth mindset.
Kent Cricket welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The primary purpose of this role is to effectively manage the Kent Cricket Girls’ Talent Pathway Programme and to ensure a quality experience for all age group players. You will also have responsibility for the management of the Kent Women’s squad, working closely with the Women’s Head Coach to ensure the successful delivery of their winter training and summer match play programme.
- Ensure excellent organisation, administration and communication of all pathway programmes to provide efficient and effective programme delivery
- Create pathway environments that foster a love and long-term engagement with the game, allowing all players to develop personal excellence through learning opportunities
- Ensure that the player and the person is always considered and that the programme is accessible and diverse
- Manage the Women’s & Girls’ Pathway budgets in conjunction with the Head of Community and the County’s Finance Director, to include budget planning, monitoring and reporting
- Ensure the Women’s & Girls’ Pathway is appropriately staffed and ensure all pathway coaches/staff are contracted, appropriately qualified, and appraised (PDP’s) each county season
- Lead, organise and manage a team of staff to deliver the pathway programme, including age group coaches, operational staff, specialist coaches, strength and conditioning coaches, and educational providers (psychology, nutrition, injury prevention etc.)
- Ensure the Talent Pathway is linked effectively in Kent at all levels from local Schools & Clubs to Area, County, Regional and England levels
- Support the marketing and promotion of Women & Girls’ Pathway activity by providing content for various platforms such as social media, newsletters, company website, match reports, photos, videos, player/coach
- Be a champion for safeguarding, equality and the well-being of all children and adults at risk in all your work areas and recognise that safeguarding children and adults at risk is everyone's concern and ensure all incidents or concerns are reported without delay to the County Safeguarding Officer
Kent Girls’ Talent Pathway Squads:
- Ensure coaching content and delivery is aligned to the ECB Talent Development Framework
- Ensure the Girls’ Talent Pathway Programme meets and exceeds the ECB Minimum Quality Standards
- Co-ordinate & oversee a fair and transparent Talent Pathway Trials process
- Co-ordinate & oversee a Talent Pathway Induction for all age group players and parents
- Co-ordinate & oversee the Age Group Winter Training and Summer Fixture Programmes
- Co-ordinate & oversee the Girls’ Talent Pathway Awards Evening
Kent Women’s Programme Manager:
- Lead, organise and manage the Kent Women’s squad programme in conjunction with the Head Coach
- Co-ordinate, support and arrange attendance at the Kent Cricket Media Day
- Support and manage the Kent Women’s Staff (Head Coach, Assistant Coaches, Matchday Manager, S&C Coach) to ensure they can deliver to a high standard
Kent Girls’ Area Hub Manager:
- Co-ordinate and oversee the Kent Girls’ Area Hub Programme, in line with the expectations laid out by the Kent Community Cricket Manager (Women’s & Girls’)
This job description only contains the principle accountabilities/main duties relating to this post and does not describe in detail all of the duties required to carry them out.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS with relevant barred list check.
- A minimum of ECB Level 2 Coaching Qualification along with Talent Pathway experience (either as a player or a coach)
- Desirable - ECB Level 3 Coaching Qualification (or working towards)
- Safeguarding Young Cricketers & Emergency First Aid Certificated, current and on-going
- Enhanced DBS Check through the England & Wales Cricket Board
- Up to date ECB Coach Association membership
- Full Driving Licence and ability to travel independently
- Can demonstrate excellent organisation, administration and communication skills
- Has a clear understanding of what qualities and characteristics are required for a person to become a successful cricketer
- Is a natural leader, capable of driving change
- Is an innovative and creative thinker with ambition
- Has experience of setting up and delivering coaching programmes
- Has a wide range of coaching experience, including involvement in a Talent Pathway
- Has a wide-ranging cricket network
- Highly self-aware, with a good ability to build and nurture professional relationships
- Able to work effectively in several environments, both independently and as part of a team
Working Pattern & Remuneration
This post is full-time (40 hours per week), primarily Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
The post holder will be expected to work evenings and weekends at various point in the year to facilitate the delivery of the programme.
Salary is £24k to 26k per annum (dependant on experience) + travel expenses.
You will receive 23 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Work for one of only 18 First Class Cricket Clubs in England and Wales
- Two passes for entry to Kent Cricket fixtures at home grounds*
- Access to 20% staff discount within the club shop*
* Upon successful completion of the probationary period
Disclosure & Barring Service
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure with barred list check for working with children. If you are invited for interview, you will be required to declare all spent or unspent convictions and cautions, but not any that are protected or filtered.
If you are invited to interview and have any information to disclose, please provide this under separate, confidential cover, to our HR Consultant [email protected]
We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work, is the right thing to do and we therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Please click 'Apply Now' send a full CV and accompanying covering statement of why you wish to apply for the role.
Candidates should also send names and contact details for two referees (referees will not be contacted until the role has been offered to you).
- Please mark all correspondence “Private and Confidential”
- The deadline for applications is Thursday 30th June 2022
All applications will be acknowledged and will be put before a duly constituted Appointments Panel. You will be notified shortly after the above date if you have been selected for interview.
Formal interviews will take place during the w/c Monday 11th July 2022.
Appointment will be subject to satisfactory references, relevant right to work information being provided and DBS clearance.
and come back later!