JudoScotland is the sportscotland recognised Governing Body for the sport of judo within Scotland. It currently has a growing membership of over 8,000 individuals and supports more than 190 clubs. JudoScotland is committed to growing a more engaged, diverse membership and providing progressive, inclusive opportunities across all levels through the delivery of its new strategy ‘Judo For All' (2023 – 2027).
The role of Club Support Officer sits within the Business Delivery Team, which is responsible for the operational delivery related to club & member development, coaching & workforce, safeguarding & events.
Primary Job Purpose
Working through the Head of the Business Delivery Team, you will assist the organisation to achieve its mission to “Maximise the contribution of judo to Scotland’s communities through the provision of safe, inclusive and inspiring clubs based on judo’s values.” You will be responsible for empowering and enabling clubs to make a positive contribution to Scottish society and to grow an engaged, diverse membership. In partnership with key stakeholders and colleagues you will assist in the provision of progressive, inclusive opportunities for clubs and members.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To provide support in the development of targeted and inspiring initiatives and opportunities to attract and retain members. This includes working with external partners to tackle inequalities within judo in Scotland.
- To provide bespoke club support to empower existing and new clubs to thrive in communities throughout Scotland.
- To promote and support clubs through the Club Development Framework while sharing all relevant updates and guidance and to provide training where necessary using a variety of platforms.
- To support the People Development Executive by sharing and promoting workforce training opportunities to help build targeted opportunities to attract, develop and retain a more diverse workforce of coaches, technical officials, referees and volunteers.
- To actively encourage clubs to participate in JS Grading Scheme which can be a useful retention tool as well as a development opportunity for the member.
- To work closely with the National Talent Development Coach to support clubs and coaches to deliver training to relevant judoka that supports performance pathway development and to promote the use of the Player Development Framework within clubs to support player development.
- To be responsible for creating partnership links and developing existing links where there are common goals and shared ambitions.
- To support the Events Executive by promoting and encouraging clubs to access relevant events and competitions and where required, to support the delivery of those events.
- To work alongside the Communications & Marketing team to improve the profile of judo in Scotland by sharing case studies and stories from clubs and members. To identify marketing tools that would benefit club growth and member retention.
- To work closely with Business Delivery colleagues to create awareness of, and to deliver a Young Leaders Programme.
- To support clubs in ensuring that wellbeing and protection considerations are embedded across all areas of their work
- Create/support legacy planning from major events as well as uniting the Judo community through a supporter’s network.
- To regularly undertake data monitoring of clubs and members, utilising the data to inform initiatives to meet JudoScotland strategic ambitions.
- To create and develop reports on a regular basis for the Senior Leadership Team, Board of Directors and any relevant key partners.
- To undertake other activity as directed by your Line Manager or Chief Executive Officer.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Knowledge and experience of sports development.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of working with volunteers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work both as part of a team and individually, with demonstrable experience of motivating, leading and enthusing others.
- Willingness to work evenings/weekends when required.
- A comprehensive, demonstrable understanding of Microsoft Office and other software packages.
Download full job description and person specification
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please download an application form.
Completed Forms should be returned via 'Apply Now', quoting “Club Support Officer Recruitment” in the application.
Applications close on 2nd October 2023
and come back later!