The IRFU is currently inviting applications for the position of Product Owner – Data System.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a project to integrate all stakeholder data stored across the organisations platforms into a single ‘Data System’ (CRM) to optimise engagement with fans, supporters and participants.
This position is being offered on a 3 year fixed term contract based at our head office, 10-12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
The closing date for applications is strictly 2pm Wednesday 17th August 2022.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer.
ROLE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION
Reporting to Director of Strategy and Technology, the role will be responsible for leading a project to integrate all stakeholder data stored across the organisations platforms into a single ‘Data System’ (CRM) to optimise engagement with fans, supporters and participants. You will play an important role in optimising the use of the ‘Data System’ and associated data & insights tools to assist with engagement and decision making across the IRFU and Provinces.
- Head of IT
- IRFU Digital Marketing Manager
- Provincial Business leads across Irish Rugby with responsibility for data and insights
- Commercial, Communication, Operations and Rugby Development Departments
- Vendors of the Data System
- Own and maintain a Data System (Product) Vision and Roadmap
- Continuously map current and future Product Capabilities to business and marketing needs.
- As required, present to stakeholders proposals for the product roadmap development.
- Responsible for Functional and Non-Functional Requirements, including the modelling/delivering of business analysis documents (i.e. requirements specifications, data flow diagrams, functional specifications, business rules etc).
- Create Workshops plans; organise and run cross functional workshops with IRFU, Provinces and Vendors.
- Manage business roadmap delivery across IRFU, Vendors and Partners
- Manage prioritization of product features in collaboration IRFU and Provinces
- Work with IT Team to define and implement rollout processes to ensure smooth delivery cycles (including UAT)
- Oversee day-to-day data requests and help departments and provinces to better understand their data
- Work with Digital Manager to derive short, medium and long term views of market demand and required functional capabilities for campaigns
- Establishing reporting and insights cadence which proactively drives tactical and strategic decision making (i.e. strategic & business reporting across key departments)
- Plan and deliver a comprehensive adoption & training programme for the organisation to become a ‘data-driven’ culture.
- Coordinate cross department/provincial activities to encourage exchange of ideas and processes to optimise the use of data across Irish Rugby
- Identify opportunities for the Data System (CRM) and other products to integrate into Irish Rugby’s working practices
- Be an excellent team player; ability to work as part of a small project team
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Prior experience in at least two of the following is essential: product ownership, business analysis, project management or reporting. A focus on business intelligence programs or projects is advantageous.
- Practical experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is essential. Familiarity with integration concepts and constraints is advantageous.
- Experience in vendor management in multi-vendor project environment is essential.
- Tertiary qualifications in data science, computer science, engineering, or relevant fields.
- Capable of communicating complex data insights in a clear and articulated manner.
- Experience presenting to senior management team
- Excellent communication skills with ability to adjust to different audiences.
- Awareness of Data Protection, Privacy and Governance principles, e.g. GDPR
- Has strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop positive relationships and influence across a diverse range of stakeholders
The salary for this role is up to €65,000 per annum depending on experience.
Our benefits include:
Respect - Excellence - Accountability - Integrity