You help manage the implementation of a best-in-class Rights Activation function
Perform a variety of tasks related to the Rights Activation (RA) function, as well as perform other departmental responsibilities in order to get a solid fundamental working knowledge of IOC Television and Marketing Services.
Approvals and Co-Creation of Activations
- Build strong relationships with all assigned clients.
- Devise and implement a Co-Creation operational framework for activation development that benefit Sponsorship and Broadcast Partners; work on individual projects with Commercial Partners with internal teams
- Proactively monitor and advise on the use of the IOC’s, Organising Committees’ and National Olympic Committees’ IP around the world.
- Deliver the approval process for TOP Sponsors and OCOG Sponsors as necessary
- Deliver the approval process for Broadcasters
- Deliver the approval process for Licensing partners
- Provide guidance to Organising Committees and the National Olympic Committees on the approval process
- Deliver trainings as required to clients
- Develop various training materials
- Continuously develop IOC Brand and Activation guidelines and deliver trainings to Commercial Partners
- Support the Head of Rights Activation in the systemization of the Rights Activation function based on assigned projects (e.g. documentation of approval decisions, transfer of knowledge, case studies; reporting; other transversal projects etc.).
- Proactively identify improvements of processes and deliver agreed changes fast
- Manage organisation and user set-up on IOC Partner platform
- Support the Head of Rights Activation to develop and review the various marketing activation guidelines from the IOC, Organising Committees, NOCs and Licensing partners
General TMS Projects
- Based on the department’s needs, a portion of the Rights Activation Manager’s responsibilities may be dedicated to other functional duties and could include projects within: Marketing Development, TV & Audio Visual Rights, Commercial Affairs, Marketing Services, etc.
Training, language and IT competences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Ability to put ideas or facts in writing concisely and precisely so as to be clearly understood by all kinds of interlocutors.
- High level of service orientation: excellent client servicing skills, problem solver, excellent follow-up and reporting skills
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly; ability to deal with complex issues in an organised way and quickly grasp concepts
- Experience in technology/IT marketing is a plus
- Able to deliver time sensitive projects
- Flexible to handle and adapt to varying job responsibilities; ability to look at a business from different angles
- Attention to detail
- Ability to remain efficient within a changing environment and to adapt positively to new tasks, responsibilities or people
- Ability to interact with sensitivity, efficiency and professionalism with all kinds of people, create a climate of trust and appreciate the needs and expectations of one’s interlocutors
- Willingness to travel internationally, as and if required.
Come and join an organisation where the spirit of inclusion, gender equality and diversity is embedded in its DNA and which focuses on what unites us – a passion for sport and its values. Work in a flexible and rewarding environment which offers competitive employee benefits and numerous incentives to live a sustainable, healthy and active life. By joining us, you become part of the Olympic Movement and help to build a better world through sport. You will have the opportunity to work with people of more than 60 nationalities.
and come back later!