Head of Academy Physical Performance
- To effectively lead and manage a physical performance department within the academy structure, focusing on the club's Sport Science philosophy and EPPP requirements
- To actively participate, coordinate and supervise physical performance staff in the practical delivery of conditioning sessions to Academy players across all phases within the academy, aiming at eliciting individual's optimal physical performance.
- To lead the sports science provision for Hull City Football Club Academy with the goal of developing and delivering periodised programmes to players for complete physical conditioning for the modern day footballer, with specific reference to each individual.
- In conjunction with other senior members of staff in the medical and science department, liaise daily with the Academy Manager and Technical staff about optimal loading for Academy fit and injured players.
Download the full job description and person specification here
- BA (Hons.) Sports Science or related discipline
- MSc Degree Sports and Exercise Science or related discipline (e.g. Strength & Conditioning)
- Recognised Strength & Conditioning Accreditation (UKSCA/NSCA/ASCA)
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team within a sports medicine environment preferably with young athletes
- Sound understanding of long term athletic development and how strength and conditioning integrates within this (LTAD Course-specific)
- FA Coaching Level 2 Minimum
- FA Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF)
- BASES Accreditation (or registered on Supervised Experience Pathway)
To apply email:
Please send your CV to [email protected]
and come back later!