The General Manager / Chief Executive Officer (CEO), in partnership with the Board and Ownership Group, is responsible for the overall success of Hoop City. The GM/CEO is an advocate for Hoop City, responsible for the implementation of the businesses strategic vision and growth objectives in accordance with the direction, mission and policies established.
The GM/CEO will work closely with Managers and Franchisees to support and lead sustainable growth by identifying and implementing new strategic, programs, membership and sales opportunities, as well as fostering a culture of success.
Hoop City Values
- Innovation - We are always ahead of the game
- Accountability - We stick to our game plan
- Collaboration - We are better as a team on and off the court
- Performance - Every move we make, every engagement we have is elite
Strategic Development - 30%
- With the Board and Ownership Group take responsibility for the development of Hoop City’s strategic vision and objectives.
- Take responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of Hoop City’s strategic vision and objectives.
- Provide high quality advice to the Board and Ownership Group.
- Review and develop new, programs, products and strategies in all areas of the business.
Organisational Management - 40%
- Take responsibility for the effective operations of the Franchisor business supporting Franchisees while overseeing owner operated facilities.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets and financial reports for presentation to the Board and Ownership Group.
- Manage the approved budget.
- Direct, support, engage and develop staff ensuring effective management of human resources.
- Provide strong and inspiring leadership and direction to all staff.
- Establish effective communication processes with staff, internal and external stakeholders, partners government entities and sponsors.
- Represent Hoop City in appropriate forums and meetings.
- Develop an appropriate media, marketing and PR plan to champion Hoop City.
- Provide high quality and timely reports to the Board and Ownership Group.
- Ensure all relevant legislation and league guidelines are adhered to.
Financial Growth - 30%
- Design and implement a strategy to grow commercial revenues for all facilities.
- Utilise existing and new networks to source additional Franchisees, and in turn contribute towards Hoop City’s growth and development.
- Lead the external relationships function of the business by identifying and developing relationships with potential partners, proactively leading contract negotiations and maintaining strong, effective, mutually beneficial relationships.
- Build and maintain meaningful long-term relationships with Franchisees, by successfully managing contractual obligations and expectations.
- Identify new revenue generating activities and assets.
- Manage the overall Profit & Loss
- Oversee funding opportunities and submission of application for government funding to continue to grow and develop operations and programs.
- Provide leadership in growing revenue through sales and memberships.
Knowledge &/or Skills
- Demonstrated high level strategic focus and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with community leaders, commercial entities, government officials, internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with marketing and media plans.
- A management style that fosters success, innovation and collaboration.
- Demonstrated experience in making and following through decisions.
- Passion for Hoop City.
- Sports Management / Business Degree
- Sports Marketing / PR / Communications Degree
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!