The Head of Academy Performance oversees the delivery of performance support services across the academy (U11 – U18 squads) for both our boys’ and girls’ programmes. The role holder will line manage a team of sport scientists, physiotherapists, and other allied health practitioners. They will be responsible for the effective operation of the multi-disciplinary team and drive both development and performance outcomes for the academy. An additional aspect of the role includes line managing our women’s first-team performance staff.
We are looking for a candidate who is highly motivated and passionate about working with and developing young athletes. In addition, we are seeking someone who can develop good working relationships with a variety of groups including fellow practitioners, coaches, young players, and their parents. The successful candidate will be joining a team of forward thinking and ambitious staff who are dedicated to creating an inclusive and supportive working environment.
- Line manages academy (boys & girls) and women’s first team support staff and co- ordinate the provision of sports science and medicine services across these programmes.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships and effective communication pathways with players, parents, coaches, and members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Design and implement a long-term development plan to help prepare youth players for the physical and mental demands of first-team football.
- Design and maintain a data management system for longitudinal player monitoring adopting a conscientious approach to data entry and judicious interpretation and dissemination of results.
- Design and contribute to the delivery of a professional development curriculum for performance staff and support them in attaining professional accreditations relevant to their respective disciplines.
- Design and lead regular fitness testing amongst all academy squads.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of gym-based training sessions.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of speed, agility, plyometric & conditioning sessions.
- Facilitate and proactively contribute to applied research projects as directed by the Head of Performance.
- Undergraduate degree in sport science or related discipline.
- Proven experience in the provision of sport science support services to athletic populations, preferably within a professional football club.
- UKSCA accredited.
- Postgraduate degree in sport science or related discipline (Desirable).
- ISAK level 1 accredited (Desirable).
- Experience of line managing other staff (Desirable).
- BASES accredited or working towards via supervised experience pathway (Desirable).
- Conscientious and committed to attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills in the written and spoken word.
- Excellent information technology skills and an understanding of modern software design.
- Critical thinking and analytical mind set.
- Strong character able to operate within a high-pressure working environment and put forward their point of view.
- Ability to work independently as directed whilst contributing proactively to the department.
- Honesty and openness and an approachable demeanor.
- Commitment to professional development.
How to Apply:
If you meet the job role criteria and would like to apply, please click 'Apply Now' to send a covering letter and CV to the HR Department.
HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FOOTBALL CLUB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER AND FULLY COMMITTED TO THE SAFEGUARDING AND WELFARE OF VULNERABLE GROUPS. HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN IS A LIVING WAGE ACCREDITED COMPANY.
and come back later!