Purpose of the role:
Harrogate Town AFC is offering an exciting opportunity for a graduate sports therapist or physiotherapist to work within the first team medical department. You will assist the head physiotherapist with the assessment and treatment of all first team players. This is a 12-18 month fixed term, maternity cover contract.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the assessment and treatment of injuries
- Administer deep tissue massage pre and post training/ matches
- Assist with pitch side first aid for home matches
- Overseeing the management of injured players at the training ground whilst the squad are travelling
- Assistance in the day to day running of the medical department
- Carry out duties in accordance with all relevant company policies, including but not exclusive to, the Health and Safety at Work Act, Code of Conduct, Diversity & Equality Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy, Financial Regulations Policy and Social Media Policy
- Attendance at all first team training sessions and home matches and if required, some away games.
- Determine and implement evidence-based injury prevention strategies across all age groups
- Design and deliver evidence-based treatment and rehabilitation programmes for all injured
- Keep accurate, secure and up to date records of injuries and to oversee the injury report, injury audit and medical section of the performance management system.
- To assist in the medical screening of each player
- Effectively communicate with the Head of Medical and coaching staff regarding players injuries and fitness status
- Work with the sports scientist on the planning and implementation of player screenings and interventions
- Attend when required by senior management, appropriate meetings regarding key issues relating to players medical needs
- Regularly communicate with the head physiotherapist and appropriate MDT staff when required.
- Report to Club Doctor when required.
- Ensure the requirements of best practice, safeguarding and effective medical procedures are in place.
- Report to Safeguarding Officer when required.
- Continuously look to identify opportunities to improve operations.
- Any other duties as required by the football club within the reasonable demands of the role.
- Act always with utmost good faith to the Club and the Company.
- Devote full attention and ability to fulfilment of the duties required by the role.
- Other duties as reasonably requested by a member of the senior management staff.
- To work closely with partnership organisations, to maintain good relationships and collaborative working practices.
- To work with colleagues throughout Harrogate Town AFC to extend knowledge and skills in order to identify and develop best practice.
- Deal with enquiries and general day-to-day liaison with customers, colleagues and partners.
- Carry out general office duties including data recording, filing, photocopying, sending and receiving emails.
- Active participation on continuing professional development and the appraisal process
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
- To maintain the quality-of-service provision, regularly evaluating work and seeking to make improvements.
- Present a professional image when dealing with both internal and external contacts and partners, acting in a professional manner always.
- To cover as and when required at other departments within Harrogate Town AFC
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of all children, young people and adults at risk.
- To be vigilant and support all safety and security operations.
- Promote the brand identity and increase Harrogate Town fanbase throughout
- BSc in Sports Therapy or Physiotherapy
- HCPC or Society of Sports Therapy registration
- Experience working within a professional football environment
- Sports massage experience
- Car driver with full UK driving license
- Pitch side first aid experience
- FA safeguarding certificate
- DBS check
- ITMIFF/ ATMMIF qualification
- IT skills
- 1 year post graduate experience
- Knowledge and experience of treating a wide range of MSK football specific injuries
- Ability to effectively monitor and modify training and rehabilitation programs according to clinical needs
- Excellent time management skills with experience of managing a varied case load whilst ensuring administration duties kept up to date (e.g. SOAP notes, clinic letters)
Harrogate Town AFC is committed to safeguarding and the welfare of children & young people and expect all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment. This post requires Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and may include checks against the Barred Lists; as such it is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions (including spent convictions) that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared prior to accepting this role.
To apply for this role
Please click 'Apply Now' to email your CV and cover letter to Rachel Davis by 5pm on Friday 7th October.
and come back later!