The role in brief:
The role of the Communications Placement is to support the Communications Executive and Communications Manager in the development and delivery of content plans for Harlequins Women’s team, primarily across social media and digital platforms.
- Un-paid – 9 month placement
- Part time – 2.5 days per week minimum (option to extend depending on successful candidate desire)
- Start date – 1st Sep 2023
- Based from home, with frequent visits to our Guildford training base and match days at The Stoop and away team stadiums
- Reports to Communications Executive
- Expenses paid, Harlequins branded kit provided
- Support the development of content plans for all digital channels for Harlequins Women’s team, using graphics, films and written content to tell the story of the team and the players
- Production of written content for the Club’s website and press releases, including player / coach bios and interviews.
- Proof and sub-edit external communications
- Assist in the delivery of Media operations on matchday and training days for Harlequins Women
- Assistance with matchday social media coverage and match report
- Production of content for Harlequins Women’s social media channels (video, photography)
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications team to promote fixtures at The Stoop, Women’s Season Ticket Memberships, and drive Match Ticket sales
The Key Performance Indicators:
- Accuracy: Clear communication, consistently delivered across club and external media platforms
- Speed: Rapid development and delivery of content in a rapidly changing environment
- Innovation: Work with Comms and Digital teams to find ways to grow the reach and engagement of the Club through media coverage
- Relationships: Strong collaboration across Harlequins Women’s team – Comms team to support the delivery of Harlequins content across media channels and platforms
The Skills, Experience and Qualifications needed:
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms and trends
- Creative thinker with the ability to produce engaging content
- Proof-reading and sub-editing
- Inquisitive about the digital landscape and latest trends
- Excellent understanding of sport, rugby desirable
- Interest in photography and / or video production and editing
The Culture and Behaviours we look for:
- Tempo – can act with urgency and can quickly adapt plans and multi-task according to the environment, which rapidly evolves in sport. Fast learner with an appreciation of the necessity to meet deadlines
- Relate – committed and enthusiastic team player with ability to build strong relations with key stakeholders across the Club and media. Demonstrates the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals, at all levels by displaying high emotional intelligence and collaborative behaviours. Contributes to a club wide mentality, and positive culture, with the ability to own and develop relationships, both internally and externally
- Unconventional – creative ‘out of the box’ thinker with a desire to approach and solve differently, confident in bringing new ideas to the table, reflecting the courageous and pioneering nature of the Club. Thinks innovatively to leverage internal and external rugby and sporting agenda to support Club projects and grow coverage
- Enjoyment – creates the right balance of ‘work’ and ‘play’ with key stakeholders and knows how to switch between the two to get the best out of everyone creating a great team environment.
How to Apply
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to send your CV to our team.
and come back later!