The Harlequins Foundation wish to appoint a Skills Manager, to manage the following education and training programmes:
- HITZ (inc. HITZ Learning Academy, DofE, Jack Petchy and HITZ on Track)
- ESF funded programme(s)
- Work Experience Programme(s).
- Foundation Degree
- Apprenticeship and Traineeship Programmes
This role will require the successful candidate to coordinate and manage programmes while retaining an element of responsibility for delivery.
They will play a pivotal role in developing and maintaining partnerships with key stakeholders and the creation of opportunities that provide valuable experience for our participants.
Their responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be responsible for the delivery of our ‘skills’ programmes ensuring all KPI’s and deliverables are achieved. Managing a small team of staff to achieve required outcomes, while leading on the delivery of our Foundation Degree and Apprenticeship Programmes.
- Ensure all financial targets are achieved, generating the appropriate revenue and programmes are delivered on budget.
- Lead on the development of our ‘skills’ pathway that provides valuable experience for our beneficiaries from work experience through to employment.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders, including but not limited to, ‘The Club,’ Premiership Rugby, Skills Training UK, Local Colleges, FLT, USW and Job Centre Plus.
- Ensure accurate data is captured to enable regular reporting of the social value created by our programmes.
- Ensure the accurate monitoring and evaluation of our programmes, including, but not limited to the collation of essential data and the maintenance of a designated monitoring and evaluation system (Upshot, Solution9 etc.).
- Actively seek out opportunities and apply for additional funding to secure the long-term future of our programmes.
- Produce as required, regular reports, case studies and good news stories on the progress of our programmes for internal and external partners and funders.
- Develop and share high quality and regular case studies and stories that demonstrate the impact of our work and the difference we make.
- Work with colleagues to ensure the appropriate level of marketing and comms about our programmes is achieved.
- Be responsible for ensuring all the appropriate measures required to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of participants and staff are implemented in the delivery of our programmes.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Experienced in engaging learners from a range of backgrounds, including hard to reach and disadvantaged young people.
- Experience of managing essential stakeholder relationships while maintaining and developing new referral channels and programmes.
- A commitment to Safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults.
- An understanding of and a commitment to equal opportunities both in the workplace and the wider community.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge or understanding of basic monitoring and evaluation systems (Solution 9, VIEWS, UPSHOT etc.)
- RFU (Rugby Football Union) Level 2 Coaching Qualification.
- Hold a current and clean driving license with access to own car available for work.
For a full job description, please click here
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send a completed application form and covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role to our team by clicking 'apply now'
and come back later!