We don’t just work for Grimsby Town Football Club — we are Grimsby Town Football Club. It’s a remarkable story that began in 1878 and has continued uninterrupted ever since.
There is nothing bigger and nothing more powerful in uniting so many people — through purpose, passion and pride — than a football club. It’s people’s identity. It’s their family; their heritage. It’s where they belong. This is something that cannot be undone. The bond, ties and loyalty are forever. And by being here, we are part of the story.
This is no ordinary job. This is an extraordinary opportunity. We are more than staff, players, managers, coaches, analysists, physios, stewards and volunteers. We are friends, supporters, promoters, entertainers, role models and, in some cases, idols and legends. But we cannot be any of these things without each other.
None of us is bigger than all of us. Every day, we strive for better. We are a football club, but we’re at the heart of something much bigger. A club formed from its community now has the power to define its community. We are today’s authors of this black and white story.
This moment has been 143 years in the making. And the next chapter is in our hands. Together, we can achieve greater things. And to achieve greater things we need a great team, and this is where you come in ….. This is a stand-alone HR role and we’re looking for someone that can grow with the Club and navigate our people agenda through the next phase in the Club’s history.
Reporting into the GTFC CEO, you will manage the day to day people agenda, this means driving and developing an integrated people plan in partnership with the management team. Working across both GTFC and GTSET you will take responsibility to manage the whole employee lifecycle from recruitment, onboarding, employee development to improving performance, advising managers on employee issues and leavers. You will be involved in anything people related ensuring queries are dealt with promptly and reliably. This is a truly generalist role where every day will be different.
Main Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage the employee lifecycle from recruitment through to exit including all associated administration, processes and letters.
- Manage recruitment campaigns, arranging interviews, liaising with candidates / agencies, conducting interviews, advising interviewers, developing best practice recruitment processes
- Support the CEO and COO to deliver the engagement agenda and gain employee feedback to put initiatives in place. Embed the values and integrate them into all people practices.
- Administration of new starters - offer letters, contracts, chasing references and managing an engaging onboarding programme.
- Drive the performance framework cycle supporting managers and team members to have meaningful conversations about personal development and growth, to drive performance and continually develop skills. Arrange and co-ordinate internal and external development programmes resulting from those conversations.
- Provide advice and assistance on policies, procedures, legislation, and enterprise agreements. Update all HR policies, processes, contracts etc and ensure these are in line with current legislation.
- Support the attainment of BCorp status and continually build on GTFC as being a great place to work.
- Support succession planning and talent development.
- Manage employee relations issues and support managers to get the best possible outcome.
- Support and advise on job or structure changes and update job role profiles as required.
- Manage our HR platform (Breathe HR) to ensure all information is kept updated with starters/leavers, personal information etc.
- Manage the salary review process and liaise with our payroll provider on any pay changes.
- Monitor key people metrics, such as turnover, retention rates, cost per hire, absence and using this insight to make recommendations for improvement and progress.
- Manage all statutory family leave (maternity, paternity etc)
- Drive the business performance in relation to the organisation’s objectives
- Support on the issue of Safeguarding.
Knowledge & Experience
To be able to deliver this role, there are skills and experiences we are looking for. We’d want you as a minimum to have
- A sound knowledge of employment law, HR policies, procedures and best practice
- Worked in a HR team or stand-alone HR role before so understand how it all works
- Can demonstrate where you’ve delivered recruitment and selection and other parts of the employee life cycle
- Have experience in interpreting, advising and implementing people policies and processes
- The ability to use a HR information system including accessing, inputting, and compiling data
- Navigated employee relations issues and reached a successful outcome
- A level 3 or 5 CIPD qualification.
Additionally, we are looking for someone that can
- Effectively organise your work day to manage multiple tasks without letting things slip, often to tight deadlines.
- Pay attention to the detail and check for accuracy and quality of your work
- Adapt quickly, be flexible in the face of change and solution orientated
- Communicate (both verbally and through written forms) concisely, assertively and effectively with various professional disciplines and at all levels in an organisation
- Pull together and work as a team to get the best outcome
- Be proactive to spot what needs doing and act on it
- Look ahead and drive engagement to continue to build on a positive culture
- Build relationships across all parts of the Club to get engagement in the people agenda
- Build confidence in others through your self assured and proactive approach
- Have the ambition to grow with the Club, take on extra responsibility and continually develop yourself.
As we work with young people you will also be subject to a DBS check and have due regard for safeguarding and child protection policies, including the welfare of children and young people.
Please do take a look at the Job Description and Person Specification by Job Description and Person Specification by clicking here. This will be a role where no two days are the same and where you can have a major impact on the development of our ‘always improving’ team.
For an informal chat about the role, please email [email protected].
Please click 'Apply Now' to send an email outlining your interest in the role with your CV.
The closing date for applications will be 5pm on Friday 3rd June however, applicants may be invited for an interview prior to this date depending on their applications.
and come back later!