Golf Ireland is now looking to add a high-calibre Regional Manager to lead the implementation of the organisation’s operations, policies and Strategic Plan in Munster.
This is an exciting and varied role. The successful candidate will play a crucial part in the administration of Golf Ireland’s competitions at regional and national level and will lead a regional staff team in the delivery of a suite of services to golf clubs at regional level. The Regional Manager will also work closely with Golf Ireland’s volunteer force in Munster and the Munster Regional Executive Committee to successfully deliver against the organisation’s strategic goals.
A full specification of the role and the competencies and experience required is set out below.
Chief Operations Officer
- 2 x Regional Staff
- 1 x Regional Development and Club Support Officer (dotted line)
Golf Ireland Munster Regional Office, 6 Townview, Carhookeal, Mallow, Co. Cork, P51 YW22
About the Role:
The Regional Manager will lead the implementation of Golf Ireland policies and procedure within their respective regions. They will be responsible for all aspects of championships and tournaments within the region ensuring they are run to the appropriate standards of Golf Ireland. The Regional Manager will work in close collaboration with clubs, volunteers, Regional Managers in the counterpart regions and national organisation staff to ensure a sustainable future for the sport.
They will work together with the Regional Executive to ensure the implementation of Golf Ireland’s Strategic and Operational Plans under the direction of the Chief Executive.
- Manage the operational activities of the region.
- Act as Tournament Director for Regional Championships and also for National Championships, as may be required.
- Ensure appropriate venues and fixtures are arranged for Regional Championships and Inter-Club events, aligning to the national organisation where appropriate.
- Ensure that Competition Regulations are consistent as far as possible across the four regions and are compatible with national terms of competition. This will require working with Golf Ireland’s Director of Championships, counterpart Regional Managers and the relevant Regional Sub-Committees to achieve this goal.
- Ensure the implementation plan for WHS and USGA Course Rating is successfully rolled out at regional level, liaising with Golf Ireland’s Handicapping and Course Rating Manager.
- The Regional Manager will have an oversight role of the work plans and day to day activities of the Regional Development and Club Support Officer who will be part the regional office. The Regional Development and Club Support Officers' direct reporting line will be to the Head of Development and Club Support. The Regional Manager will liaise with the Head of Development and Club Support to ensure activities and programmes with clubs are completed to Golf Ireland specifications and plans.
- To act as principal advisor to the Regional Executive and its Sub-Committees to ensure it can make appropriate timely decisions in line with the organisations strategic and operational plans.
- To keep the Regional Executive properly informed on all regional activities.
- To promote the values of Golf Ireland and demonstrate a high level of commitment to inclusivity and equality in all aspects of the activities of Golf Ireland.
- To establish positive relationships with golf clubs within the region and project a positive and open image of Golf Ireland at all times.
- To offer advice and support to Golf Clubs in areas including handicapping, course rating, championships, club structures, equality, governance, affiliation and any other areas as may be agreed from time to time with the Chief Executive.
- Lead and manage the administration team at regional level. This will include the recruitment and retention of regional staff with the appropriate skills to enable the region to function as appropriate.
- Put in place and utilise management routines (such as objective setting and appraisal, communications processes, training plans, etc.) to ensure the effective management of regional staff in line with the strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Work with Golf Ireland’s Finance Director and the Regional Treasurer to ensure that suitable controls are in place to manage the day-to-day expenditure of the region in line with the central budget.
About the Candidate:
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experienced administrator with a proven record in the planning and delivery of events.
- Proven experience in working in an organisation with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of governance processes.
- Knowledge of the sporting sector and how it operates.
- Deep understanding of the game of golf and the golfing landscape within Ireland.
- Experience of organising and running outdoor sporting events
Competencies & Attributes:
- Can communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong commitment to equality and inclusivity.
- Is calm, confident, decisive and objective, especially under pressure.
- Willingness to be accountable and measured on performance.
- Skilled at prioritising, multi-tasking and problem solving.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of technology.
- Is energetic, highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Copes well with continual change and tight deadlines.
Terms And Conditions:
This full-time role, reporting to Golf Ireland’s Chief Operations Officer, will be primarily based at Golf Ireland's Munster Regional Office in 6 Townview, Carhookeal, Mallow, Co. Cork, P51 YW22.
Please click 'Apply Now' to submit a detailed letter of application and full CV (max. 2 pages) with the subject ‘Regional Manager (Munster)’.
Applicants will need to be eligible to work within the EU & UK.
Closing date for applications is 30 June 2022. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applicants will be short-listed on the basis of information supplied. Your application will be retained as confidential. Golf Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
and come back later!