The Gold Coast SUNS are committed to connecting with our community and inspiring people to be part of our extraordinary journey. To achieve this, we are currently looking for an experienced, energetic Community Engagement Manager who will be responsible for the creation and implementation of the Gold Coast SUNS community strategy.
Reporting to the General Manager - Consumer, Community & Marketing and working alongside the Marketing and Analytics and Membership Managers, you will be a key player within the department, and this role will provide leadership to a young team of enthusiastic staff and volunteers, inspiring them to achieve both team and individual KPIs.
The role will be directly responsible for building and maintaining effective relationships and alliances with key stakeholders, managing operational processes, and driving an understanding of the importance of effective community engagement.
The Community Engagement Manager will be responsible for:
- Along with the GM - Consumer, Community & Marketing, champion a culture of community engagement across the club.
- Develop, implement, deliver, and review the Community Strategic Plan for the Club focusing on fan growth and community engagement.
- Along with the Commercial team, identify revenue and funding opportunities that exist within the Government and Corporate sector for Community programs and assets.
- Service all Community related sponsors and funding partners as per agreements and contracts.
- Develop relationships and programs with key stakeholders including AFL Queensland, AFL Northern Territory, local schools, local community football Clubs, official charity partners.
- Lead and deliver on key community events and community/charity/cause related themed rounds across AFL and AFLW seasons including whole of Club education.
- Support direct reports in developing and driving program outcomes across schools, junior football, indigenous and diversity.
- Work with the Media, Digital and Communication team to ensure the external positioning of the community programs via the media, local community and other relevant communication channels.
- Assist the Community Programs Administrator to manage the player appearance process across AFL and AFLW.
- Create leadership within the community by building alliances with other sporting and community organisations to generate support for community programs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong personal brand which personifies the Gold Coast SUNS values.
- Will be an innovative and progressive thinker.
- The ability to lead, motivate, and influence a team of direct reports and peers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with people from a variety of backgrounds and the ability to influence and negotiate with others to achieve priorities.
- Experience working in professional sport, community organisations, events or leisure and entertainment.
- Flexibility and responsive to change direction and priorities, as required.
- The ability to work well under pressure on a variety of tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strategic and analytical approach to planning and decision making.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to bring people together, a commitment to open & honest communication.
- Presentation skills, including the ability to represent the Gold Coast SUNS in the community.
- Experience in similar roles.
- Knowledge and understanding of the community and AFL environments.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage programs.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!