The Rugby Manager will report to the Chair of GCDRU Board to establish and implement a broad and dynamic agenda. This will include duties involved in the ongoing operational management of the womens, schools, junior, senior and representative Cyclones programs, and extends to providing strategic leadership to identify and capitalise on new growth prospects.
The Rugby Manager will work closely with the Club Presidents, Coaches and other stakeholders including Queensland Rugby Union to provide targeted support and assistance that contributes towards delivering outstanding outcomes.
The Rugby Manager will assist / deliver in school coaching as required to assist clubs in engagement.
Saturday & Sundays required during peak competition periods with additional hours balanced with annual and time in lieu out of season.
- $60,000 + Super (Negotiable)
- Sponsored Car + Petrol
- Lap Top & Mobile Phone
- All administrative aspects associated with the ongoing upkeep of the GCDRU offices.
- Maintain and communicate all rules, policies and procedures for all club, school and representative programs and ensure they remain aligned to GCDRU, Queensland Rugby Union (QRU) and Rugby Australia (RA) standards and protocols.
- Develop and communicate all competition draws and a season calendar of events.
- Collect results and maintain all competition tables.
- Regularly liaise with Gold Coast Referees Association and administer competition judiciaries.
- Processing and managing finances while developing and working with an annual budget.
- Develop and maintain relationships with participation stakeholders in the club and school settings to identify issues and opportunities for providing a strategic approach to support their needs.
- Work closely with QRU staff to support state-based initiatives while voicing the Districts unique perspective to their agenda.
- Network and establish relationships with potential sponsors. Work closely with them to understand their goals and develop a strategic approach to support these being achieved.
- Collect and format information to perform a broad annual review and generate a report that provides a platform for effective decision-making.
- Oversee and manage representative pathways and schedules.
- Maintain the website and active social media accounts to communicate news and promote initiatives.
- Effectively represent the interests of rugby on the Gold Coast and develop a wide cross-section of relationships while scanning the landscape to identify opportunities for growth.
- Other duties as communicated by the GCDRU Board.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in community sport and a strong understanding of rugby.
- Clear and precise communication skills that can be employed across a range of different mediums.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain a wide range of relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong administration and computer skills that includes a sound knowledge of the main applications of Microsoft Office.
- An understanding of finances to effectively set and work with a budget.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to innovate and think strategically.
- An understanding of website content management and the use of social media platforms to promote the brand.
- Flexibility with regards to work hours and travel.
- A tertiary qualification or relevant experience in Sport Management (desirable).
- Blue Card and Working with Children check.
- Drivers Licence.
- A thorough knowledge of Rugby Union’s laws and traditions, its ethos and principles with a particular emphasis on growing the game at grassroots community level.
- Demonstrated high level ability to plan, organise and prioritise within specific timeframes to deliver an engaging and high quality experience for player and supporter groups.
- Demonstrated high level of verbal and written communication, including the ability to liaise, manage and facilitate buy-in with a diverse range of cultures and volunteer stakeholders such as club presidents, coaches, players, parents and state level administrators.
- Ability to develop, nurture and embody a cohesive culture that’s consistent with the GCDRU’s vision and values.
- Relevant experience and/or tertiary qualifications in sport or organisational management with demonstrated experience in providing leadership in a sport or equivalent environment.
- Rugby Australia Coaching Accreditation - Level 1 Minimum
- Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen, or. they hold a valid visa with permission to work.
- Level 1 Coaching Accreditation
- First Aid Certificate
- Current Provide/Perform CPR
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Drivers Licence
- Sports Management / Business Degree
- Level 2 Coaching Accreditation
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the application process.
Applications close on 30th September
and come back later!