Purpose of the Role:
Deliver great content for all of Gloucestershire Cricket’s digital channels. The role entails three key aspects: content creation on Adobe platforms, content distribution on website, digital channels and mobile app via the CMS and assistance with the matchday live stream production.
Working closely with external agencies and our commercial team, you will assist with the production of content for Gloucestershire Cricket, which drives website traffic, brand engagement and conversions in line with departmental targets. You will also be crucial in supporting the production and distribution of the matchday live stream and match updates.
- Create varied content for publication across Gloucestershire Cricket channels.
- Film and edit video content of behind the scenes, on-field and promotional footage to engage fans and encourage ticket sales, retail sales etc.
- Design and edit artwork for the purpose of promotion of player announcements, sponsorship deals, offers etc.
- Incorporate the Gloucestershire Cricket brand in all areas, adhering to the brand guidelines.
- Working under the guidance of the Communications Manager, help to provide written or digital content on subjects such as player news and features and other off-field Club activities.
- Day-to-day publication on owned channels
- Part of the team that provides a rapid response and support in case of breaking news and statements.
- Helping to deliver matchday coverage across owned channels, giving fans the best access on and off the field.
- Ensure all digital activity is completed accurately and on time.
- Distribute content across all fan screens, including Gloscricket.co.uk, the Glos Cricket App, in-ground screens, and in-bowl screens.
- Enhancing supporters’ experience of the Club through the Glos Cricket App, providing exclusive content and liaising with our catering partners to deliver food and beverage functionalities.
- Consider opportunities for integration of Gloucestershire Cricket’s partners into digital content or functionality.
- Proactively research and drive new thinking in audience engagement via digital and mobile platforms, including the presentation of website and mobile content.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The post holder will have:
- Proven experience working on content management systems (CMS).
- Demonstrable interest and knowledge of cricket.
- Excellent knowledge of the social media landscape.
- Knowledge of web development and mobile applications.
- Strong attention to detail and a keen eye for design and layout.
- Ability to edit on Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and YouTube Creator Studio.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure (but supportive) environment against tight deadlines.
- Creative – The ability to tell a story through the lens of written, video and photographic content
- Credible - Considered and nuanced communicator; acts as a role model for the Gloucestershire Cricket values.
- Challenges – innovates and holds themselves to high standards.
- Ownership – takes accountability for both successes and failures; keen to learn and develop and always striving for improvement.
- Collaboration – Builds relationships with ease, securing the trust of those inside and outside the Club
This Job Description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline of areas of major activity and will be amended in the light of changing circumstances at GCCC.
Throughout the selection process, which will include some practical exercises, we would be expecting you to demonstrate how you ‘live’ the Club’s values, which are: Enjoyment; Teamwork; Challenge and Innovation; Inspire; and Commitment to Excellence.
The Club would welcome applications from a digitally-savvy person who is already excelling within a digital content production role. It is important that the successful candidate has the skills to communicate effectively both within the organisation and externally through our digital channels. In return you’ll get support from a great team, be given development opportunities and get to experience the awesome nature of working for Gloucestershire Cricket. The ability to cover all match days is essential, but you would be encouraged to take your lieu days and holiday throughout each season.
As an equal opportunities employer, Gloucestershire County Cricket Club Ltd is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
and come back later!