Glamorgan County Cricket Club is looking for an exceptional individual to take responsibility for the
physical training and conditioning of our professional squad.
The successful candidate will deliver comprehensive physical preparation programmes, based on sound
strength and conditioning principles to both developing and senior athletes.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a team environment with elite/high performance teams. Previous experience working in cricket is not essential.
- Work collaboratively with the Lead Physiotherapist to design, develop and deliver strength and conditioning programmes for Glamorgan contracted players.
- Work collaboratively with Glamorgan’s Cricket Coaching Staff to design and develop integrated support programmes for individual’s player performance targets.
- Provide specialist S&C input to the physiotherapist to support injury risk reduction, injury management, rehab and return to performance.
- Lead on physical performance testing and profiling of Glamorgan CCC players and be accountable for uploading and storage of testing data to ECB platforms.
- Provide basic nutritional guidance to Glamorgan CCC players.
- In collaboration with the cricket coaching staff deliver appropriate physical preparation to the players on match and training days.
- Attend and contribute to support staff meetings.
- Liaise with the ECB Strength & Conditioning Team regarding support and management for England players at Glamorgan CCC.
- Undertake appropriate professional development to keep abreast of world’s best practice and current evidence-based research.
- UKSCA accreditation (or equivalent).
- Graduate qualification in Sports Science and/or Strength & Conditioning.
- A minimum of three years’ experience with a least two years spent in a professional cricket or equivalent full-time professional elite athlete and performance team environment.
- Experience in the support and preparation of developing elite athletes.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary support team.
- Current basic life support training and first aid qualifications.
- Full Driving Licence.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office, databases and performance analysis software.
- Experience working in cricket.
- Postgraduate degree in related field S&C.
Due to the nature of the business some weekend and evening work will be required as part of this
How to Apply
Formal applications will be received by sending a covering letter and a copy of your CV to our team by clicking 'apply now'.
Within your covering letter, please outline your current starting date for this role if successful.
and come back later!