About the Role
The post holder will be responsible for helping develop and deliver a comprehensive fundraising strategy, case for support and implementation plan for the charity with the intention of successfully raising in the region of £0.5m per year. The post-holder will be responsible for identifying, cultivating and engaging a prospect pool with sufficient capacity to deliver the campaign. The post-holder will lead an integrated fundraising approach securing significant gifts small to medium sized grants & trusts as well as leading our Friends of FRBC regular giving scheme. The post-holder will work to ensure that each donor has an excellent experience, receiving effective communication and stewardship in order to build long term relationships with Fulham Reach Boat Club.
- Assist the Fundraising Manager in developing and delivering a plan to generate a fundraising target of c.£0.5m per year.
- Using local intelligence, networks and insight, to raise the profile, awareness and engagement with Fulham Reach Boat Club in the local area.
- Commission internal research to develop a detailed knowledge of possible prospects.
- Work internally with colleagues to map and introduce existing networks of supporters who may have an interest in Fulham Reach Boat Club.
- Lead and manage the Friends of FRBC regular giving scheme.
- Develop relationships and apply for funding with qualified Trust and Foundations and further develop relationships with existing Trust partners to continue their support.
- Encourage key stakeholders to facilitate introductions to peers and to help solicit major gifts.
- Engage, initiate and maintain an appropriate and consistent level of contact, either personally or working through a nominated volunteer, with each donor or prospect in an agreed portfolio.
- Create a calendar of relevant and exciting engagement, recognition and stewardship events.
- Develop and manage a robust and creative cultivation plan for each prospect.
- Thank and recognise donors immediately, in accordance with Fulham Reach Boat Club’s donor care policy.
- Ensure that the database is always maintained recording actions, approaches, prospect plans, solicitations and pledge activity.
- Brief and support senior managers, key volunteers and stakeholders in advance of meetings with donors or prospects in the post holder’s portfolio and ensure that follow up is completed.
- Uncover local intelligence on potential opportunities for driving income across relevant income streams.
- Capture and store prospect and donor information in accordance with Fulham Reach Boat Club’s policies and procedures, codes of practice, the Fundraising Regulator, Data protection and GDPR.
- Produce, maintain and record a healthy pipeline of income; complete monthly forecasts and reforecasts.
- Deliver successful presentations and materials.
Essential skills and experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience.
- At least five years’ experience in donor fundraising.
- Experience of working to and delivering fundraising targets.
- Experience of setting and working with budgets.
- Proven experience of working with wealthy and influential individuals. Confident and personable, able to put others at ease and comfortable in the arena of major gift work.
- Ability to manage a project effectively changing tack as required or seeking additional opportunities.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Proven strategic planning skills and excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Proficient in the use of CRM Databases including Insightly.
- Excellent writing style and skills, including experience of writing successful fundraising applications, proposals and appeals – strong IT and presentation skills.
- Resilient, determined, professional, friendly and resourceful, evidencing creativity and innovation.
- Able to manage frequent interruptions and prioritise a constantly changing workload.
- Experience of Trust and Foundation applications essential.
- Experience of volunteer management and working with Boards desirable
How to Apply
Please email and CV and covering letter to Steve by clicking 'APPLY NOW'
and come back later!