About The Role
- Be responsible for Formula 1’s audio team with direct line management of its engineers.
- Work closely with the Head of Media Engineering during budget processes and projects.
- Actively involved with recruitment of engineers as required.
- Manage the deployment of audio engineers (staff and contract) for Formula 1’s events
- Ensure that Formula 1’s inventory of audio and talkback equipment are installed, commissioned, maintained, and operated both at the Remote Technical Centre (Biggin Hill, UK) and at Grand Prix events.
- Together with the Media Engineering team and working closely with other departments, design & upgrade F1’s audio and talkback engineering infrastructure, both at the Remote Technical Centre (Biggin Hill, UK) and at Grand Prix events in order to continue to meet F1’s current and future broadcast requirements.
Closely follow future audio technologies and techniques, to help keep Formula 1 at the forefront of technology.
- Experience with Riedel talkback systems.
- Experience with LAWO mixing desks and other devices such as Mic8, Power core, A_UHD core or equivalent tech by other manufacturers.
- Excellent understanding of AES67, SMPTE 2110-30 and 2110-31.
- A high degree of computer literacy.
- Knowledge of traditional and emerging broadcast audio technologies, infrastructures, operations, equipment, and systems engineering.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to multitask & work under pressure.
About The Company
At Formula 1 our vision is to unleash the greatest racing spectacle on the planet. Our key to success is an organisation that values passion, integrity, and respect. To ensure we are reaching and maintaining these elite-level standards both on and off the track, we are seeking a Head of Digital Media Rights to join our Media Rights team. As the commercial rights holders of the FIA Formula One World Championship™, the FIA Formula 2 Championship™, the FIA Formula 3 Championship™ and the Porsche Supercup Series, the Media Rights Department at Formula One are responsible for the distribution of all media rights relating to these motor racing series and certain other ad-hoc supporting events.
and come back later!