About The Role
At Formula 1 our vision is to unleash the greatest racing spectacle on the planet. Our key to success is an organisation that values passion, integrity, and respect.
To help deliver against this global vision we are seeking a Broadcast Services Manager who will report to the Head of Media Engineering and will be part of the wider Media Engineering team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As a Broadcast Services Manager, you will be tasked with ensuring that Formula 1’s broadcasters’ onsite technical facilities are managed and coordinated within media.
- Working with Formula 1’s Media Rights and Events teams to facilitate onsite broadcaster requirements and communicate these to the Media Engineering group.
- Managing broadcasters’ technical requests such as commentary positions, circuit broadcast infrastructure and onsite feed delivery to ensure the needs of rights holders are met.
- Act as technical liaison with Formula 1’s broadcasters.
- Coordinate delivery of unilateral broadcast services and working with Media Engineering to deliver these facilities.
- Managing all other broadcaster technical facility requests and work with the wider Media Engineering team to delivery these services.
- Attend circuit visits and pre-event recce’s were required.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have working management experience within a broadcast environment as well as the following:
- Experience working in live sports outside broadcast
- Understanding of current broadcast standards.
- A high degree of computer literacy
- Knowledge of broadcast technologies, infrastructures, and operations.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Able to multitask & work under pressure
and come back later!