Founded in 1871, the Forfar Golf Club is a well-established Club with a mature heathland course that is recognised as the World’s first bespoke 18 Hole Course.
We are recruiting for a highly motivated individual for the role of Club Manager with proven management experience and business acumen to continue to develop the Club and ensure that the golfing experience is the best it can be.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Manage the operations of the Club as directed by the Management Committee.
- Organise and attend monthly club management meetings, record, prepare and present minutes of same.
- Oversee the preparation and development of budgets and financial plans in collaboration with the Finance Convener whilst providing ongoing analysis of budgets and management accounts.
- Manage the departments of Administration, Greens, Clubhouse, Golf Shop.
- Manage and negotiate Catering Franchise contract, to ensure service provided meets the needs of members and visitors.
- Supervise and motivate staff at all levels to achieve Club objectives.
- Ensure the course, clubhouse and other facilities are presented to the highest standards thereby meeting members and visitors’ expectations.
- Ensure the Club has operational policies in place to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations relating to the business including but not limited to health and safety, employment, licensing and equality legislation.
- Manage and develop the marketing strategy and other internal and external communications.
- Represent the Club effectively in its dealings with all third parties to deliver revenue and provide cost control.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong track record in managing a service-based organization with a minimum of two years’ experience.
- An understanding of the operational and governance structure of a private member’s golf club.
- Excellent management and administrative skills with a well organised and efficient style.
- Business acumen and financial competency.
- Strong IT skills with experience and knowledge of accounting and management systems.
- Effective communication, leadership and motivation skills delivered in a diplomatic manner.
- A passion for golf with appreciation of the traditions and history of the game.
- A flexible approach to working hours.
An attractive salary package, based on 37.5 hours per week.
To apply, please click 'Apply Now' to send a covering letter highlighting relevant experience, motivation for the role, up-to-date CV and references.
A detailed job description is available on request.
Closing date: Thursday 1st December 2022
and come back later!