Football Australia is situated on the lands of the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation. We acknowledge the histories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and commit to building a brighter future together.
Football Australia is the national governing body for football in Australia and a member of Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), the international governing body for football. It governs all national teams, the A-Leagues (in Football Australia’s capacity as the regulatory body), Australia Cup, National Premier Leagues and leads state, community, and grassroots football.
Football in Australia is a melting pot of approximately 2 million participants represented by over 200 different cultures, we are proud to be the most diverse and globally connected sport within the Australian sporting landscape.
This diversity in culture, ideas, and experience makes us strong and prepares us to achieve our vision to ‘be a leading football nation where everyone is inspired to live and love the game’. To achieve this, we live by our company values which include:
- Impact On & Off the Field: Challenge the way we think and do to seek ways to grow the impact football has, influence industry thought leaders.
- Inclusive & Diverse Football for all: Football is embedded in the nation's social fabric, follows the story of Australia, be accessible for all
- A United Team: Bringing people together to unleash the power of football and to deliver the vision, we bring the team spirit to the game
- Trust: Building trust across the whole football community, be trusted custodians of the game, act with integrity and objectivity
About the Role
This Sydney based role is responsible for the recruitment and management of the casual Participation Officers who deliver grassroots football programs on the ground. The role will work closely with the Junior Participation Officers in the Community team.
In addition, this role will work closely with the HR Coordinator, HR Manager/Head of People & Culture to assist with delivering HR generalist recruitment support, talent acquisition processes, administration, onboarding, employee engagement and compliance initiatives for child safeguarding.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the recruitment and onboarding of casual Participation Officers to meet agreed business needs and ensuring full compliance with Child Safeguarding requirements
- Coordinate all casual workforce HR queries and payroll requirements
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal stakeholders, specifically the Community department
- Assist in maintaining an up-to-date casual workforce, advising payroll and internal stakeholders of any changes
- Contribute to the quarterly HR reports regarding timely recruitment and compliance with Football Australia child safeguarding policies
- Assist with providing HR Generalist support including
- Assist in managing the general recruitment process via the applicant tracking system Job Adder
- Respond to all general recruitment enquiries
- Organise the interview process for the recruitment of roles
- Conduct reference checks
- Coordinate and assist in the delivery of onboarding and induction processes for all staff
- Provide support in coordinating employee engagement activities through the social committee
Experience, Skills, Qualifications & Personal Attributes:
- Experience in workforce coordination, recruitment, or business administration
- Well-developed stakeholder engagement and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise work, multitask and proactively problem solve
- Demonstrated ability in decision making and critical thinking
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage sensitive matters
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills: Being flexible, positive and collaborative in a team environment
- Experience working in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Experience with online systems/databases (applicant tracking systems) is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience working within the sports industry is desirable
- Full working rights in Australia
- Working with children check (paid/ employee) or state- based equivalent
- Out of business hours work may be required from time to time
What we offer
At Football Australia we want look after our people and below are just some of the many benefits of joining our team:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Birthday Leave
- Study Leave
- Wellbeing & Lifestyle leave
- Paid Parental leave in addition to statutory government offering
- Volunteer leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Partner discounts
- Social Activities such as 5-a-side futsal
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to begin the online application process.
Full Job description and Person Specification available here.
and come back later!