- To support delivery of The FA Grassroots Football Strategy and Essex County FA Business Strategy.
- To support the Safeguarding Manager (SM) and act as Deputy DSO to manage the Essex County FA safeguarding work, in line with legislation, FA safeguarding policy, procedures, regulations, standards and guidance.
- To significantly contribute to the implementation of The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard (Safegaurding 365 ) for County FAs.
- To support the adoption of FA technology systems across grassroots football.
- To comply with FA rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidance that are in place from time to time.
- Operationally support the implementation and delivery of safeguarding within the Essex County FA, being accountable forrelevant areas of The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard (Safeguarding 365) for County FAs.
- Track and ensure ongoing compliance with The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard (Safeguarding 365) for County FAs measures, policies and procedures.
- Support the Safeguarding Manager and take a dynamic and strategic approach to safeguarding delivery within the Essex County FA, raising awareness and providing organisational support and guidance to colleagues and stakeholders.
- Provide the Safeguarding Manager with regular reports on safeguarding activity within the Essex County FA.
- Work closely with the Safeguarding Manager and The FA Safeguarding Case Management Team (FA SCMT) to refer child abuse and adults at risk concerns to The FA, acting in line with the relevant FA safeguarding policy, regulations and guidance.
- Record all safeguarding concerns on The FA Electronic Safeguarding Assessment (ELSA) system and ensure all data is securely retained in accordance with FA regulations, policies and data protection legislation.
- Support the Safeguarding department in dealing with all safeguarding poor-practice concerns and complaints with a focus on timeliness and outcomes in line with FA policy, regulations and guidance.
- Use FA IT systems to monitor and proactively manage safeguarding compliance across the grassroots’ volunteer network to manage risk and assist in strategic planning.
- Utilise insight and data to inform all compliance activity and take appropriate activity to address non-compliance.
- Support the Safeguarding department to ensure the Essex County FA is compliant with safeguarding legislation e.g. DataProtection/GDPR 2018, Children’s Act, Protection of Freedoms Act (Criminal Record Checks), the Government’s ‘Working Together guidance 2018’ and any other legislation or statutory guidance that may be introduced.
- Identify, develop and maintain strong relationships with key local safeguarding stakeholders.
- Assist the Safeguarding Manager to strategically manage effective Club Welfare Officer networks; liaising with the Local Authority Designated Officers, Local Safeguarding Partnerships, Local Safeguarding Adult Boards, Children’s and Adults’ Social Care Services, Police Child Protection Teams and support club welfare officers (youth, adults and disability teams) to be compliant with safeguarding legislation, FA safeguarding policy, best-practice guidance and education programmes.
- Manage a diverse workload being able to prioritise work according to risk and timeframes, providing regular updates to the Safeguarding Manager on progress against the work programme and Performance Development Review.
- Maintain strong links with key FA staff and attend national FA safeguarding events and CPD courses to ensure knowledge and skills are maintained and updated.
- Work with colleagues to address poor behaviour and raise standards in grassroots football, promoting fun and safe football environments and creating a culture that lives and celebrates safer working practice across the Essex County FA ’s activity and grassroots football.
- Co-ordinate safeguarding visits, spot checks/audits on clubs throughout the season to ensure they are compliant with therecords they have submitted to the Essex County FA and to check on the culture and safeguarding practice
- Work closely with the Safeguarding Manager to co-ordinate and deliver CPD events for Club and League Welfare Officers (youth, adults and disability teams).
- Ensure regular support and signposting to FA safeguarding workshops for new volunteers.
- Ensure that any individual helping with any Essex County FA event involving children and adults at risk is suitably DBS-checked, trained and understand their responsibilities at the event.
- Work with colleagues to embed safeguarding and equality throughout the Essex County FA and grassroots football.
- Provide the highest level of customer excellence to support volunteers across all FA Technology systems (FA Events, Whole Game System, Matchday app and Full-Time).
- Execute tasks as required in order to meet the Essex County FA changing priorities.
Please click here for a full job description
How to Apply
1. Please download and complete return an application form
2. Once you've finished completing the form, please click 'Apply Now' to email the form to our recruitment team.
and come back later!