Primary purpose of role:
To create and maintain consistent social media content which is representative of the Association and its activity
- To take responsibility for activity hosted via ESFA social media channels, ensuring social content is prepared, shared and monitored across all channels, predominantly, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
- To ensure that the ESFA’s information and communication methods are effective, customer-centred and responsive, including working alongside PRMC Exec as shared first point of contact for incoming telephone calls and mail
- To ensure frequent, accurate and high quality social content is prepared, shared and monitored across all social media outlets (namely Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn) ensuring spelling and grammar is checked and accurate at all times
- To ensure all social media content is created in line with ESFA branding and guidelines, is accurate and representative of the Association
- To ensure all social media content is written in the correct tone and is appropriate to differing social platforms
- To manage the ESFA’s communications calendar to ensure all commitments to sponsors and partners are adhered to, ensuring all communications are scheduled and consistent in their wording, tone and style
- To support all ESFA activity and events with a strong portfolio of social posts to share important information and activity with audiences
- To work with the PRMC Manager & Exec to create engaging social media content, to effectively promote all new and existing campaigns across all channels
- To regularly gather and analyse social, print and visual media analytics and coverage, using this to identify and then act upon opportunities to increase the Association’s profile and develop a bank of reports, showing the ESFA’s online presence development
- To create weekly reports on social media activity for monitoring and development for the ESFA and sponsors/partners
- To utilise other resources, such as live streams, to create engaging content • To support the PRMC Exec and National Competitions Department with additional duties and tasks, when required
- To be actively engaged with all ESFA activity and events, to pinpoint opportunities to share relevant content and/or tie plans into other ‘notable days’ to help further social media engagement
- To work collaboratively with the PRMC Executive and PRMC Manager to reinvigorate the ESFA’s Public Affairs strategy, with a view to gaining further support from MPs, locally and nationally
- To take ownership of the social media schedule for the ESFA’s International Programme for U15 Girls and U18 Boys, travelling, where required, to gather social content to support the programme from trials to fixtures
- To attend and assist with National Events as and when required;
- To participate in training, development and appraisal processes necessary to fulfil the role;
- To support the ESFA Council to fulfil its responsibilities;
- To act with high standards of professionalism, business integrity and personal conduct at all times;
- To act as an ambassador for the ESFA in the conduct of all business;
- To comply with the requirements of the staff handbook;
- To comply with the Association’s safeguarding requirements and to contribute to the delivery of the ESFA’s safeguarding plans
- To use best endeavours to support others in the achievement of their objectives;
- To conduct any other duties as may reasonably be required by the employer.
Special considerations in this role:
The ESFA is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants may be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The role requires occasional weekend working and national travel with overnight stays.
Essential Qualifications & skills
- Degree in marketing, event management, sport management or a related business discipline
- High levels of literacy
- Highly focused on customer service
- High levels of personal responsibility
- A will to work flexibly
Desirable Qualifications & skills
- Videography, editing or design
- Demonstrable experience in leading and improving social media content, profile or methods
- Demonstrable experience of analyzing impact of social media activity to plan for improvements
- An appreciation of the principles and concepts of working to support a membership organisation;
- An understanding of the market sensitivities of working in an environment providing services for children
- Experience of working with and for volunteers
- Experience of working with commercial sponsors
For further information about the English Schools’ FA and its work, please visit our website at schoolsfootball.org.
How to Apply
Please click 'Apply Now' to submit your application addressed to Andrea Chilton, Chief Executive.
Application is by letter, addressing the points in the person spec, and accompanying CV to address the points in the role description.
Closing date is Thursday 30th June 2022.
Interviews are expected to take place on Thursday 14th July.
and come back later!