This role is an exciting opportunity to provide medical services to the World Class Performance athletes based in Bisham Abbey. We see this role as critical to our success and are looking for someone with the ability to work in an integrated manner as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Expression of Interest
Hours of Work: Such hours as necessary to carry out your duties. This will involve a minimum of 15 hours per week (0.4 FTE – Full Time Equivalent) for the multisport clinic.
Location: The normal place of work is Bisham Abbey however the EIS will occasionally require you to travel to and work at other locations in the UK.
Main Tasks and Activities
Multi-sport Sports Physician role will require the post holder to
- Deliver an excellent standard of medical care as part of a multisdiciplinary team to elite Olympic and Paralympic athletes from a variety of sports.
- Where necessary to refer athletes onwards to appropriate external medical specialists conversant with the demands of elite sport.
- Work well as part of a multidisciplinary team including a variety of disciplines including other doctors, physuotherapists, science staff, psychologists and coaches.
- Ensure excellent communication with other members of the medical and administrative teams to facility continuity of care.
- Work closely with the site operations team to ensure CQC standards are met and maintained including mediscine’s management and infection control.
- Be involved in audit and quality control of service delivery.
- Collaberate with the Director of Medical Services, Head of Sports Medicine, Sports Physicians, National Governing Body (NGB) staff and Performance Leads to improve performance by optimising health.
- Ensure that all systems for medical care of athletes comply with the Home Country Sports Institute Sport Good Medical Governance guidelines.
- Work with the EIS Athlete Health Team and other sport practitioners to identify priority athlete health risks and work collaboratively with the MDT and athlete(s) to mitigate those risks.
- Use EIS Performance Data Management System (PDMS) to record patient records, communicate with NGB Staff and use data provided by PDMS to enhance injury and illness prevention and management.
- Maintain up-to-date clinical appraisal and validation with the GMC which is appropriate to the specialty of sport and exercise medicine.
- Be familiar with safeguarding and whistleblowing processes and reporting of harmful behaviour within the high performance system.
- Complete all mandatory training required by the EIS for this role including UKAD and emergency care pitchside training qualifications.
- For the right candidate the role may include the provision of leadership to the Bisham sports medicine team - lead and coordinate with the Operations team on the all aspects of sports medicine including the delivery and support of health & safety initiatives, including the management of Covid-19 on site.
This job description should be seen as enabling rather than restrictive and will be subject to regular review.
WHY WORK FOR US?! Take a look....
The EIS is a dynamic, growing and fast-moving organisation that will offer you a flexible, positive, stimulating and challenging work environment with real opportunities to make the best better. Working for the English Institute of Sport brings its rewards not only in its salary and benefits package, but also in the opportunities for learning and career development.
Our generous benefits package includes:
- 29 days paid holiday per year (pro rata for part time roles) plus 8 bank holidays
- Membership of EIS’s Occupational Sick Pay Scheme from your first day of employment
- Automatic entry into BUPA health cash back plan for day to day expenses like dentist, eye tests, physio, etc.
- Generous pension scheme
- Discounts on Shopping, Entertainment, Travel and Lifestyle services through our Benefits portal
Download full job description and person specification
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to creating an even more diverse and inclusive workforce that will bring different perspectives to our work. So that we can more closely reflect UK society, we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups including Black, Asian and people with other ethnically diverse backgrounds, those with a disability or long-term health condition and people returning to work after a career break.
We also understand the importance of maintaining a healthy work-life balance, so all of our roles are open to flexible working and, in many cases, remote-working too. We ask only that you work with us to find an arrangement that meets our sports and business needs and enables you to perform the role in full, in a way that works for both of us.
How to Apply
To Apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the online application.
Applications close on 31st August 2022
and come back later!