- Lead, manage, co-ordinate and deliver high quality and high impact physiotherapy services for British Para-Swimming athletes. There may also be a requirement to support Olympic Swimming athletes based at the Performance Centre and occasionally across the network.
- Manage and supervise the work of other Physiotherapists and Soft Tissue Therapists supporting para-swimming athletes, including the setting of robust and challenging objectives and the regular monitoring of performance.
- Operate as the first point of contact for all Para Swimming programme athletes in terms of Athlete Health.
- Co-ordinate closely with the Lead physician for Para-Swimming on the management of injury and illness issues involving para-swimming athletes.
- Work with the coaches and other key support staff to minimise injury risk and maximise competitive performance via the implementation of appropriate land and water training programmes.
- Identifying areas that are likely to result in maximum performance gains for each individual swimmer and monitor and facilitate the implementation of such through the IAP process.
- Attendance at agreed national team activities and competitions and the undertaking of coach/athlete support roles.
- Maintain a comprehensive, indexed database of work conducted with athletes and coaches providing weekly updates on injury status to the Head of Athlete Health and Head Coach Para Swimming as appropriate.
- Engage with all external partners to ensure a world leading physiotherapy support service, ensuring para-swimming specificity is central to its ethos.
- Assist in the development and evaluation of the para-swimming component of the British Swimming Athlete Health Strategy in conjunction with the Head of Athlete Health.
- Work closely with the Head of Athlete Health, Lead physician for Para-Swimming and the CMO to align the para-swimming component of the Athlete Health strategy with the overarching British Swimming health strategy.
- Work on identified cross aquatic athlete health projects as identified by the Head of Athlete Health and CMO.
- Lead on the areas of Athlete Health with identified para-swimming athletes through the IAP process.
- Liaise with HCSI’s to ensure support services are aligned to the Athlete Health Strategy and IAP’s.
- Co-ordinate para-swimming specific medical update meetings.
- Support the Head of Athlete Health to drive forward the Athlete Health Strategy within the wider British Para-Swimming vision.
- Lead on the Athlete Health and Wellbeing Profiling of para-swimmers, ensuring timely and appropriate feedback is given with clear performance targets outlined.
- To develop a relationship with the Head Coach, relevant Performance Club coaches and coaches of World Class Programme swimmers that is challenging and supportive, thus driving the knowledge base forward resulting in performance gains.
- Be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of delivery, working within professional standards and clinical guidelines.
- Perform a leading role in assuring medical governance standards to safeguard athlete physical and mental health.
- Comply with organisational and professional codes of conduct, standards, policies, and guidelines.
For a full job description, please click here
How to Apply
To begin the application process, please click 'apply now'
and come back later!