- Accountable for improving performance through supporting the implementation, evaluation, and development of world-leading athlete health services across multiple sports.
- Evaluating a diverse range of data and intelligence, the role will collaborate with sports to prioritise and manage systems, projects, and research to mitigate injury and illness risk aligned to performance goals and aspirational targets for designated athletes.
- Work closely and collaboratively when appropriate, with the Performance Directors, Head Coaches, and the Heads of Performance Support to align health and performance strategic planning and coordinated delivery with relevant sports
- Ensure that the science and medicine practitioners operate as an efficient, connected support team, ensuring an inter-disciplinary approach to optimise athlete health across all stakeholders.
- Lead and manage the operational delivery of the multi-sport physiotherapy service in Bath.
- Collaboratively support and provide clinical supervision to practitioners across Bath-based performance support teams.
- Provide highly advanced musculoskeletal services for athletes using specialist knowledge from extensive theoretical and practical experience in performance sport. Ensure an expert standard of clinical care for athletes acquired through advanced, or masters level post graduate study supplemented by continuous development and reflection on clinical experience.
- Lead the design and management of advanced and highly specialised rehabilitation services in collaboration with the interdisciplinary athlete support team, coaches, and athletes to optimise athlete availability for training and competition.
- When required, support innovative, performance-focussed, and evidence-based approaches to improve ‘return to performance’ outcomes across invested WCPs.
- Act in a specialist consultancy role to support the management of complex presentations across WCPs.
- Accountability for the planning and management of immediate emergency medical and trauma care situations in the training and competition environment domestically and overseas.
- Provide a primary point of contact for named athletes across invested WC programmes for medical coordination and delivery relating to Athlete Health in the UK and overseas in serviced programmes.
- Be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of delivery, working within professional standards and clinical guidelines.
- Perform a leading role in assuring medical governance standards to safeguard athlete physical and mental health.
- Play a leading role in facilitating cross-sport learning and accelerated development across the high-performance system through collaboration and the sharing of knowledge, experience, and expertise.
- Comply with organisational and professional codes of conduct, standards, policies, and guidelines.
- Embed equality, diversity and inclusion values and principles in all ways of working and in the delivery of the Performance Planning Strategy.
- Whilst not a regular part of the role, on occasions the candidate may be requested to work independently at training and competition locations both nationally and internationally, making autonomous triage and primary care decisions and having responsibility for managing complex medical presentations beyond, or alongside immediate sport injury/trauma management and rehabilitation.
The candidate will be a technically exceptional clinician who is able to adapt their style and approach across multiple stakeholders tailoring holistic care to a diverse athlete cohort. They should be an expert communicator and facilitator, be able to lead and follow in equal measure and demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence.
For full job description and person specification, please click here
and come back later!